• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

iPhone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have the 6? My contract is up and I can get a 5 or 6 or different brand of smartphone competly. I have a 4 now and really like it except it's got kind of slow and these updates don't really do much for it. I like to carry it in my pocket so that's to consider. Any input would be nice.

In order to have a smart phone, one must first be smart enough to use one. I can't get one. :? Good luck to ya though. :wink:

I don't have decent cell service here to justify having all the gizmos on an iphone just to watch them not work.

I think Blackberry will pay you to switch. I've got the BB Passport, can't imagine a better smartphone. First thing I checked before I bought it or even turned it on was that it fit in my shirt pocket. The screen works well with my failing eyesight :eek:

The kids got me a cell on their plan, thought I needed one.
I told them I wanted the simplest one made, preferably with a rotary dial. :D

I really love the smartphone I used to think apps were a joke but get a couple good ones and dang they are handy. Have one that works with our sprinkler systems that is great. I had a blackberry I think it was a tour? Nice sized phone and tough as nails but damn that thing was complicated. It took me three months at least to figure out how to find the calculator on that thing. The iPhone 6 is lots thinner but don't know if that will offset it being so much larger screen than what I have now for my liking.

3 M L & C said:
I really love the smartphone I used to think apps were a joke but get a couple good ones and dang they are handy. Have one that works with our sprinkler systems that is great. I had a blackberry I think it was a tour? Nice sized phone and tough as nails but damn that thing was complicated. It took me three months at least to figure out how to find the calculator on that thing. The iPhone 6 is lots thinner but don't know if that will offset it being so much larger screen than what I have now for my liking.

Completely, totally different operating system now. Would take some getting used to if switching from an iphone. They say the Elephant Glass screen is pretty tough, and I tend to believe it because my phone has taken some nasty tumbles and no worse the wear.
Beware the bendy iphone 6 8)

I have a Motorola RZR HD Max. I freaking love it. The Boss has an I phone 5. She hates my phone and I hate hers. You couldn't give me one of those overpriced cheesey pieces of sbit. That being said.....whatever you get, get a good case for it....NOT an Otterbox. Had one and it lasted 6 months before it began to deform all on its own. I have a Trident case now and couldn't be happier. It's a helluva good case. I guess they quit making my phone, so when the time comes, I'll see what Motorola has to offer with HD or military specs. If not, then I'll take a look at Samsung.

I have had my iPhone 6 for about six weeks. Traded in my 4 that was still working but, like yours, starting to slow down and labor under the updated system and apps. I love it! Everything works smoother, and I'd forgotten what it was like to go a day or more with fairly heavy use on a charged battery. Seems big compared to the 4, although I know it's just a fraction larger. You will not be disappointed.

I just upgraded from a 5 to a 6 and the 6 is way bigger than the 5. I like having the bigger screen to read articles better than the 5. I didn't know if I would like having a I phone but after having the 5 for the last couple years I would feel lost without being about to look at the markets or weather no matter where I was at. Now only if they can figure out how in the heck to make these things work everywhere would be perfect. We went to Denver to get our last phones and I asked the guy if the I phone got good reception everywhere. And he looked at me and said yes it does just look at the map(which shows most of the country in red). So I went over to it and showed that I live in the one of a few places in Colorado where there is no red. But I does get fairly good service. The otterbox cover on my 5 was a joke and pretty much ripped up. But with the 6 the case is much better its a lot harder case and should take more abuse. They make a lifeproof or lifebox? but they don't have them for the 6 yet.

Latest posts