• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is it an honor?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
To be in included in this list? I see Montgomery, Alabama came in at #14 this year. We want our trophy!

http://www.wftv.com/health/4619160/detail.html

Mike- You can keep that honor- Got to 90 here yesterday- I was in the court house all morning in the air conditioning and walked out and thought I was going to die- had to make a straight line down the street to my favorite water hole and cool down again... Tried the air conditiioner in my pickup and it doesn't work-needs charging- Remembered then that last year it never even got warm enough to use it so didn't have it charged last year either.....

That heat brought some wicked electrical storms last night- lightning and thunder solid from 10PM to 5AM--Ended up with .7 at the river ranch- 1.5" at the north ranch ........I heard some reports of up to 3 inchs...Should make the creeks and coulees run......

Good for you OT! I am so glad there is some moisture up there, finally!
The few times I have been up in the past three or four years it looked like a war zone. Walking on grass that "crunched" was not ideal cattle conditions.

We have had adequate moisture except for a 3 week spell in May. Pearl millet planted 2 1/2 weeks ago is almost a foot high. Life is good!

We got just about an inch out of the storms last night. Lots of lightening, but the thunder was pretty tame. Boring! Whatever happened to the real wild storms that rattled the windows and shook the house?!?

Shelly said:
Boring! Whatever happened to the real wild storms that rattled the windows and shook the house?!?

I got it last night :!: Some was so close I thought it had hit the house- went out this morning to count horses to see if they are still alive- haven't found 2 yet......

Oldtimer we ended up with 4 tenths. Would gladly take more. The pastures are holding but if it gets hot they will fade fast. We could use more growth yet but we have been worse of for sure.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer we ended up with 4 tenths. Would gladly take more. The pastures are holding but if it gets hot they will fade fast. We could use more growth yet but we have been worse of for sure.

Been lucky I guess-- Have got over 7 inchs this year up on the pasture area-- picked up another 1.5 last night-- both the hay and pasture are looking good- reservoirs were pretty much full and with what we got last night should be going over the overflows...

I tried to send some moisture on up to you with this one--Was sure wicked for the lightning--fianlly had the 2 missing horses come out of a willow patch-- sounds like a week of low 80's to near 90-- should make things grow.....

Latest posts