• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is there a "Country Song" in this story?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
man gets back dog given away by estranged wife
April 2, 2005

TORRINGTON, Conn. -- Earle Hollings could hardly sleep when he heard the news.
The Shih Tsu he lost in a messy separation with his wife was coming home.
A woman called Hollings on Thursday night to say she'd had his dog, Thor, for nearly two weeks.
Stasha Hollings, Earle's wife of 30 years, gave the dog away because she was moving into an apartment where dogs aren't allowed. She said no one told her Earle Hollings wanted the dog, so she handed him off to a stranger she saw outside.
Hollings appealed for the dog's return in a classified ad in The Register-Citizen.

"In the middle of a difficult separation, my wife gave away all of our animals," Hollings wrote. "One of those was Thor, a black and white Shih Tsu that I bought for her two years ago on her birthday. Next to my wife, Thor became my best friend. Please, if you know where he is and have it in your heart, call me."

After the story attracted attention from media outlets across the country, the woman who had Thor called Hollings to say she would bring him back.

"She said, 'Let me have one more night with him so I can say a proper goodbye, and I will bring him to your house tomorrow morning,'" Hollings told the Republican-American of Waterbury. "And I said, 'Oh lady, tell me this isn't an April Fool's joke.'"

Hollings said he does not know the woman who dropped off Thor Friday morning, and she did not give her name. Hollings was just happy to have his dog back, and the feeling appeared to be mutual.

"Thor was just so happy," said Hollings, who named the dog for the Norse god of thunder. "He went nuts."

------

I'll give it a try: Say a blues type melody....

It was thrusday morning when I got the news,
That nasty women I was married to gave my dog way.
Yeah I got the poor dog blues, Yeah, Yeah, I got the poor dog blues.

Put an ad in the paper, waiting for news,
hoping and praying that someone would read the news,
Yeah, I got the poor dog news, got the poor dog news, Yeah tell everyone I have the poor dog blues.

Friday morning just laying around telephone rings, it's about my hound, Yeah a women says Yeah I'll give ya back your hound,
I got the poor dog blues, yeah the poor dog blues...

Now I'm happy got my poor dog thor,
I'm not singing the poor dog blues, Yeah I'm not sing the poor dog blues, cuz me an thor, are not singing the poor dog blues........ No, No no poor dog blues.......
OhhhhhhhhYeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ranchwife, I had just seen the commercial for diabetis with BB King and couldn't get that song out of my head. I know there are more talented people on this site that could do a whole lot better..... :D Come on let's have a talent show.....

Latest posts