• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is there such thing as a..........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
"Gaited" quarter horse? I mean one with that smooth as silk canter like the walking horses have.

If so.... I want one.

Yes, My best friend had one. Sorrel mare with a flaxen tail. Could sit a beer on the saddle horn and she (horse) wouldn't even make it foam. My friend sold it because her colts did the same. Not something she wanteded in her colts. I could find out more.. The breeding I can not remember. She(the horse) was papered. And papered well...

katrina said:
Yes, My best friend had one. Sorrel mare with a flaxen tail. Could sit a beer on the saddle horn and she (horse) wouldn't even make it foam. My friend sold it because her colts did the same. Not something she wanteded in her colts. I could find out more.. The breeding I can not remember. She(the horse) was papered. And papered well...

Riding while drinking a beer! Sounds good to me! Ask her if you get time where they came from. Thanks.

Why wouldn't someone want that? Nothing like riding smoooooooooooth!

I don't plan to be ropin. Just gatherin cows and riding in the Shooting Dog Field Trials.

Everyone of my grandpa's horses had this. Grandpa would ride along and roll cigarettes on his saddle horn. When going to gather i'd have to trot to keep up with his horses. I have a gelding now that also has this walk. It is really neat...they can sure outstep most horses when just riding. :D

Mike, why don't you want a walking horse? There are lot's of "single footing' quarter horses but why not use a walking horse? Have you looked at any of my pictures I've posted? They are all Walkers. We used to train and campaign All Age pointers, have been to the National etc. Walkers can be great ranch horses! :p

Latest posts