• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is this a fact Ladies ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Being a rancher's wife at Christmas time
Is not what it's cracked up to be.
The presents they receive from husbands
Do NOT fill them with joy or glee.

A brand new pair of fencin' pliers,
Even tho' wrapped in festive red,
Is not what this man promised me
On that day that we were wed~

But, next to them, a box of gloves.
Now, this may be exciting!
Until I see they're preg check gloves!
A WIFE REBELLION he's inciting!

Then comes a softer package
Wrapped up in denim blue.
A feedbag! For my Christmas dinner?
And scour medicine, for when I'm through!

This man is just too good to me!
As my gifts continue ten fold.
The next box yields a dozen tubes
Of WORM medicine! My breath I hold!

But now, the pas de resistance
Is when I'm drug to see outside,
MY sparklin' new manure spreader
Upon which I'm allowed to ride!

But he's not done and he's so proud
As he smirks and thinks he's so cute!!
He jerks back the burlap cover
Of MY hydraulic branding chute!

Well, what else could a woman ask for
On a wonderful Christmas morn?!
Maybe some color coded ear tags,
Her earlobes they might adorn!

But whatever gift her husband gives
A Rancher's Wife will only smile
And sweetly say that it was THE gift
She had wanted for quite some while.

© 2002, Brenda "Sam" DeLeeuw

That perdy much sums it up. :lol:

But, they do make cattle ear tag earrings.......I know, I bought some, for my daughter!!!! She loves em, cuz they are the same number as her first cow.

Good one Haymaker. I'd rather get a gift that will make my life easier when working outside with the husband than something I might not really need.

Which brings up the point, why should one wait for a holiday to buy a piece of equipment that would make your life easier? Anyway, I found the following, which explains why I am so tired all the time.

"For a couple years I 've been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason: I'm tired because I'm overworked. The population of this country is 237 million. 104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work. There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work. Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work. 2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work. Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work. At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work. Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me. And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes." :)

Latest posts