• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is Tumble weed missing?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Tumble weed missing. Could he broke off at the roots and rolled away in the wind or has he out grown this foolishness? :wink: :cowboy:

I tried calling him last night and his line was busy, so he must still be in the country. Probably just busy. And he don't talk a lot on here! :)

Jinglebobs right Big Muddy I have been busy trying to get ready for winter. I start before daylight and go until after dark. I'm getting old enough and stove up enough to where there's more daylight even in winter time than I can use. I bought some heifers to calve out this spring and went to replace one corral post then ended up completley rebuilding the working part. Got started and couldn't find a place to stop. Got a neighbor whose a cow and horse trader ex sale barn owner and auctioneer. He stops in the morning we drink coffee and visit about the cow business. He stops about dark we drink a little beer and visit about the cow business. Shortly after dark I need to go to bed.

You staying warm enough Big Muddy? Looks like its been getting pretty cold up your way. I walked into my old barn the other day and those stone walls made it feel pretty cold in there. Thought about your house with the cement walls. Stone or cement seems to take them quite a while to change temperature. Better stay around close to the house and don't let the fire go out :cowboy:

Jinglebob I was probably trying to round up a little help to work these heifers when you called. Think I got enough but if I didn't I'll be calling :wink:

No shame in being busy. Some times it goes along for a while and all of a sudden you realize that someone is missing.
Yea we had it cold for a few days but it's warmed up and we have lost all our little bit of snow that we had. The cows are still out in the hills so just feeding about 425 calves and the bulls. I know what you mean about once you start fixing and not knowing where to stop.
Our house is insulated concrete so is quite warm and dry. The heat is in the floors so your feet stay warm which helps the rest of the body. The walls are warm to touch and the basement is great even in barefeet.

Well stay busy, keep warm, and have a Merry Christmas :santa: :cowboy:

Tumbleweed said:
Jinglebobs right Big Muddy I have been busy trying to get ready for winter. I start before daylight and go until after dark. I'm getting old enough and stove up enough to where there's more daylight even in winter time than I can use. I bought some heifers to calve out this spring and went to replace one corral post then ended up completley rebuilding the working part. Got started and couldn't find a place to stop. Got a neighbor whose a cow and horse trader ex sale barn owner and auctioneer. He stops in the morning we drink coffee and visit about the cow business. He stops about dark we drink a little beer and visit about the cow business. Shortly after dark I need to go to bed.

You staying warm enough Big Muddy? Looks like its been getting pretty cold up your way. I walked into my old barn the other day and those stone walls made it feel pretty cold in there. Thought about your house with the cement walls. Stone or cement seems to take them quite a while to change temperature. Better stay around close to the house and don't let the fire go out :cowboy:

Jinglebob I was probably trying to round up a little help to work these heifers when you called. Think I got enough but if I didn't I'll be calling :wink:

OK, but make it a nice day as I'm kind of a "fair weather cowboy" when it's this time of year! :lol:

Got a neighbor whose a cow and horse trader ex sale barn owner and auctioneer. He stops in the morning we drink coffee and visit about the cow business. He stops about dark we drink a little beer and visit about the cow business. Shortly after dark I need to go to bed.

Got a neighbor whose a cow and horse trader ex sale barn owner and auctioneer. He stops in the morning we drink coffee and visit about the cow business. He stops about dark we drink a little beer and visit about the cow business. Shortly after dark I need to go to bed.

Tumbleweed, sounds like you are neighbors with Paul. :shock: :lol: He is always good for more than a few stories. Man, I always learn something from him when I run into him at the Belle F. sale barn. Never count Paul out, EVER. He keeps a step ahead of things. :wink: I bring up the story to him about the cop car, and his and the drivers run-in, once in a while. Gosh, that is a good story. Seems like it had something to do with booze too. lol.

the real jake said:

Tumbleweed, sounds like you are neighbors with Paul. :shock: :lol: He is always good for more than a few stories. Man, I always learn something from him when I run into him at the Belle F. sale barn. Never count Paul out, EVER. He keeps a step ahead of things. :wink: I bring up the story to him about the cop car, and his and the drivers run-in, once in a while. Gosh, that is a good story. Seems like it had something to do with booze too. lol.

He told me that he paid a lot of money to prove that that didn't happen! :shock: :lol:

I've run cows for him a couple of times in the past. Never ever lied to me, but there were a few questions I wish I would have asked beforehand! :lol:

He will sure explain how to make it in this business, but I can't ever keep up with him! :lol:

I gotta say this because at the time it was so funny...

we talked to Marvin Garrett in Belle Fourche last week~he sells vehicles at Scott Peterson Motors~

anyway he was ribbing one of the other salesmen and he said to us,
"I'm not saying he lies, but when he runs out of the truth, his lips keep moving..."

Jake you know the guy I'm talking about and he sure gets around and knows the ins and outs of the cattle business.

The summer before last he was trying to get a yearling in to his steel corrals with his 4whler. Said the last thing he remembered was trying to turn that yearling in to the gate. His boy and a hired hand found him down by the corral trying to get his wifes chickens in a pen. They asked him what he was doing and he said he didn't know but thought for some reason they needed to be in the pen. Asked him where his 4whler was and he said it was by the corral but it wouldn't go no more. So they went and had a look and it was stuck in the corral with a wheel knocked off. Decided he'd take the rest off the afternoon off and come visit me. I was ready to quit for the day and had a 12 pack so we drank that and did some visiting. I'd been to town a couple of days before and had picked up a bottle of Tangle Ridge and it was so good we drank that to :) . When he left to go home I still don't think his mind had cleared up any from that 4whler wreck :cowboy:

. He stopped by the next day to apologize for backing his pickup into the corner of an old garage when he left the night before. Said his mind had cleared up and everything was fine now :)

Latest posts