• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It must suck to be you

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer said:
hopalong said:
Winterset Iowa is where he was born

Which is about 150mi from Waterloo, where his parents had lived previously, before they moved to Winterset.

Tex......can you say with any certainty that it was John Wayne Gacey that she was talking about?

I don't think she was talking about JW Gacey at all, but John Wayne the movie star, which made her factoid wrong. If you live in a bubble where the facts can't be discerned from fiction, you don't need to be president.

I would lay the blame on this on her campaign manager who reportedly told her just before she gave her talk. I think a lot of the information given to the ruling elite is managed information that leaves out the little guy and reality. That is why it is called a bubble.

Tex

Mike said:
Steve wrote:
but then who goes by her actual record, most judge her based on the media attacks..

She is EXACTLY what Tex has been calling for in a leader. Someone to NOT be bought out by special interests. Her record proves it.

This is a prime example of those who were duped by the MSM. :roll:

And for TEX to say that she isn't smart is definitely ironic. :lol:

:shock:

her record :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2:

she is a quitter. she has already proven that once. i don't think we need for her to have to prove it again as President of the USA...

"Because Sarah Palin voters are not likely to be Democratic voters, the Republican party will likely suffer negatively at the voting booth, and President Barack Obama will have an easier path to victory."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-bimrose/could-sarah-palin-nader-t_b_948915.html

:tiphat: :wave:

Tex said:
hypocritexposer said:
hopalong said:

Which is about 150mi from Waterloo, where his parents had lived previously, before they moved to Winterset.

Tex......can you say with any certainty that it was John Wayne Gacey that she was talking about?

I don't think she was talking about JW Gacey at all, but John Wayne the movie star, which made her factoid wrong. If you live in a bubble where the facts can't be discerned from fiction, you don't need to be president.

I would lay the blame on this on her campaign manager who reportedly told her just before she gave her talk. I think a lot of the information given to the ruling elite is managed information that leaves out the little guy and reality. That is why it is called a bubble.

Tex

Sometimes all of get our FACTIODS wrong!!! right Tex??? that is what happens to people who live in a bubble and think they know it all!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

No names mentioned but seems a lot of them live in Texas.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hopalong said:

I am sorry for my ignorance on the subject, hopalong, but what part of Texas was that in?

Tex :shock: :D :!: :roll: :wink:

John Wayne wanted to be a Texan so bad he directed himself right into it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alamo_%281960_film%29

flounder said:
Mike said:
Steve wrote:
but then who goes by her actual record, most judge her based on the media attacks..

She is EXACTLY what Tex has been calling for in a leader. Someone to NOT be bought out by special interests. Her record proves it.

This is a prime example of those who were duped by the MSM. :roll:

And for TEX to say that she isn't smart is definitely ironic. :lol:

:shock:

her record :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2:

she is a quitter. she has already proven that once. i don't think we need for her to have to prove it again as President of the USA...

"Because Sarah Palin voters are not likely to be Democratic voters, the Republican party will likely suffer negatively at the voting booth, and President Barack Obama will have an easier path to victory."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-bimrose/could-sarah-palin-nader-t_b_948915.html

:tiphat: :wave:

One thing you have to admit about obama he is no quitter. He didn't quit his church when he found the preacher to be an America Hater or he didn't quit his frienship whill the terrorists Bill Ayers. No he's not a quitter

Tex said:
Who said I voted for him?
Nobody had to tell us - it's pretty clear from reading your posts that you share many of his philosophies. Are you trying to tell us that you didn't vote for him?

And frankly, along with everything else, the above quote is really further evidence that you DID vote for him. Because most people would have taken that opportunity to deny voting for him instead of trying to be obtuse about it. In fact, I can't think of anyone who actually didn't vote for him who would have answered like you did instead of just flatly stating, "I didn't vote for him!"

And here's another observation of yours that makes it seem clear that you're on the Obama team:

I will say that I am not happy about the republicans blocking government just to make Obama look bad.

Well, guess what, Tex? Obama doesn't need the Republicans to make him look bad. He's proven himself to be very capable of doing that without any help from anyone. The only people spouting that whiny nonsense about Republicans blocking things just to make him look bad are the true Obama loyalists - along with the whiny Blamer-in-Chief himself.

Clear-thinking, objective, non-partisan people will remember that President Obama was given one of the longest and most expensive honeymoons ever. Republicans gave him everything he wanted for the first year or two of his administration - until it was clear that it wasn't going to work.

Now, Republicans are rightly listening to the wishes of their constituents and trying to reverse some of it. We could probably agree that it would have been good had they been true conservatives when President Bush was in office instead of acting like big-spending liberal Democrats.

However, with all of that said, I'll have to admit that one of your other statements on an earlier post on this thread makes me wonder how you could have voted for Barack Obama. So, maybe I'm mistaken and you didn't actually vote for him, after all. This is the statement I'm referring to:

You know, Texan, I don't think I have listened to one of his speeches. No political speech matters, what matters is what you actually do.

If "what matters is what you actually do," there's really no way that you could have voted for him, right? Because he didn't have any record to be judged on. At least, no record that would qualify him to be elected to the highest office in the country.

However, I do find it somewhat strange that you have never listened to one of his speeches. Never? Wow...I bet you're one of the few people in the country who can say that.

I think a responsible voter should listen to the speeches of the major presidential candidates - not all of them, but at least a few of them. Even if you're sure that you're NOT going to vote for one of them, you should hear what they have to say.

And to not listen to your President? You've never listened to a State-of-the-Union speech? You didn't listen to his speech about killing bin Laden or his jobs speech last night? I even listened to those and there's not many people here who are more anti-Obama than I am.

Just like responsible voters should listen to the candidates, I think that responsible citizens should listen to their President. You don't have to listen to every one of his numerous speeches, but certainly there are times when we need to listen to our President.

So...if you actually have never listened to him speak, and since he didn't have a record to run on, maybe you really didn't vote for him after all. But, why don't you just come right out and tell us whether you did or not?

I don't mind admitting that I had to hold my nose and grit my teeth to vote for John McCain. Because I knew that the alternative would be just exactly what we've got now - a radical, big-government liberal community organizer who is determined to change this country in ways that are simply unacceptable to most of us. And it's almost unfathomable that some people elevated him to the position that is allowing him to do that.

Oldtimer said:
Back to XL Pipeline-- A public comment session will be held in Glendive....

The Montana Energy Forum is even providing bus's to the session - with wining and dining afterward....Sounds like the same emotion, promotion, and commotion some bull sellers use to get folks to their sales :wink:

Keystone XL Pipeline Meeting Is September 27 In Glendive
Tuesday, September 6th 2011
FOR THE RECORD, WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE PROPOSED KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE?
Now is your chance to voice your opinion on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline that will carry crude oil from Canada and from U.S. oil fields in North Dakota and Montana to refineries mainly on the Gulf Coast.

Northeast Montanans are welcome to attend a public meeting in Glendive, held by the U.S. Department of State, on Tuesday, September 27th from 4:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the following location:

Dawson Community College
Toepke Center Auditorium
300 Community Drive
Glendive, MT 59330.

The meeting is an opportunity for the public to comment on any aspect of the project and share information about whether the issuance of a Presidential Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline project is in the U.S. national interest. Remarks will be recorded, transcribed, and entered into the administrative record for the State Department's consideration.

Two Rivers Economic Growth believes that the project is in the national interest of the U.S. as well as in the best interest of Valley County and northeast Montana because of its benefits to the local community, economy, and businesses. Keystone XL pipeline is expected to increase local jobs, increase the local tax base, encourage local business growth and development, and attract new business (and more customers) to town.

The U.S. Department of State will make a national interest determination based on factors such as environmental, economic, energy security, foreign policy, and pipeline safety concerns before the end of the year.

Written comments may also be submitted online at: htttp://www.keystonepipeline-xl.state.gov by midnight on October 9, 2011. For a sample letter of support or additional Keystone XL pipeline advocacy resources, visit http://www.growValleyCounty.com/AdvocacyTools.html.

Additionally, the Montana Energy Forum would like to sponsor a same-day bus trip to Glendive, tentatively leaving Glasgow around 8AM and returning after midnight. Snacks, drinks, and a BBQ dinner will be provided. Fifty participants are required for bus arrangements. To sign up, contact Alyson Reddig at Two Rivers Economic Growth by phone (406) 228-2224 or email [email protected].

will you be going ot?

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Back to XL Pipeline-- A public comment session will be held in Glendive....

The Montana Energy Forum is even providing bus's to the session - with wining and dining afterward....Sounds like the same emotion, promotion, and commotion some bull sellers use to get folks to their sales :wink:

Keystone XL Pipeline Meeting Is September 27 In Glendive
Tuesday, September 6th 2011
FOR THE RECORD, WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE PROPOSED KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE?
Now is your chance to voice your opinion on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline that will carry crude oil from Canada and from U.S. oil fields in North Dakota and Montana to refineries mainly on the Gulf Coast.

Northeast Montanans are welcome to attend a public meeting in Glendive, held by the U.S. Department of State, on Tuesday, September 27th from 4:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the following location:

Dawson Community College
Toepke Center Auditorium
300 Community Drive
Glendive, MT 59330.

The meeting is an opportunity for the public to comment on any aspect of the project and share information about whether the issuance of a Presidential Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline project is in the U.S. national interest. Remarks will be recorded, transcribed, and entered into the administrative record for the State Department's consideration.

Two Rivers Economic Growth believes that the project is in the national interest of the U.S. as well as in the best interest of Valley County and northeast Montana because of its benefits to the local community, economy, and businesses. Keystone XL pipeline is expected to increase local jobs, increase the local tax base, encourage local business growth and development, and attract new business (and more customers) to town.

The U.S. Department of State will make a national interest determination based on factors such as environmental, economic, energy security, foreign policy, and pipeline safety concerns before the end of the year.

Written comments may also be submitted online at: htttp://www.keystonepipeline-xl.state.gov by midnight on October 9, 2011. For a sample letter of support or additional Keystone XL pipeline advocacy resources, visit http://www.growValleyCounty.com/AdvocacyTools.html.

Additionally, the Montana Energy Forum would like to sponsor a same-day bus trip to Glendive, tentatively leaving Glasgow around 8AM and returning after midnight. Snacks, drinks, and a BBQ dinner will be provided. Fifty participants are required for bus arrangements. To sign up, contact Alyson Reddig at Two Rivers Economic Growth by phone (406) 228-2224 or email [email protected].

will you be going ot?

I doubt it- I'm filling in for the Judges that week...They will all be in Helena for their fall training session...

well OT the question not asked.. are you for the pipeline..

or against it ?

or are you just for stalling it till the southern route dies a slow painful death and it turns towards China?

Steve said:
well OT the question not asked.. are you for the pipeline..

or against it ?

or are you just for stalling it till the southern route dies a slow painful death and it turns towards China?

Oh I'm all for the pipeline- and always have been... We've had oil activity up here in the county for 30-40 years-- but because of the lack of any means to get it to the refineries much of it was scaled back or stopped.... Like right now- they can't find enough trucks to haul all the oil that is available out of the Bakken field...Being allowed to send batches on the pipeline would be a big boost...

There is new vitality to our oil exploration here- not sure if its the pipeline doing it or what...We have new wells being drilled- one about 5 miles from some land I have :D ... And several new gas wells going on line...

I will send in written testimony- its just that that week I know I'm covering for all the Judges in the County- as they asked me a couple of weeks ago....The Judges and Clerks always have a fall week refresher on new laws and any recent court decisions...

The only negative I see- with the coming of big oil is the social impact to the area... Many folks tell of how quiet quaint little towns in ND have turned to boom towns- and the type of people moving in with the oil has turned the towns into places where many no longer want to live or raise a family....

The only negative I see- with the coming of big oil is the social impact to the area... Many folks tell of how quiet quaint little towns in ND have turned to boom towns- and the type of people moving in with the oil has turned the towns into places where many no longer want to live or raise a family....

Sounds like a NIMBY comment.

Weren't you condemning the NIMBY people on an earlier post

Larrry said:

Sounds like a NIMBY comment.

Weren't you condemning the NIMBY people on an earlier post

No- not really---its just a fact of what comes with all the positives is some negatives.... I and almost everyone in this area had supported the pipeline from day one- and have been supporters of the coal and gas industry in this area.......We're used to boom times and bust times- and pretty used to the oil folks....

Since I live in an area that says this use to be a nice area untill the prison came to town.....really wow ....Seems to me that the ones starting all the drama are locals. The ones such as me do not go out to the "V" or any other "street dance" ie beer fest. We go to work, go shopping, smiling and speaking to everyone, then go home and stay there. yes we spend our money in town and cause no trouble BUT its "those prison people" who cause all the fights, gossip, and meth labs.
As I tell those who are brave enough to ask me.....yes they know I speak my mind when asked, Look at yourselves and see what your doing and stop blaming others if your standing there talking about someone...its YOU who is spreading the gossip and hate. Instead of passing on the latest greates lie stop it with you...try saying something nice about others.

It is going to be "Culture shock" for our quiet rural areas when this oil boom moves our way. It is centralized around Williston ND right now and they are having huge problems coping with the influx of people and trucks. Western ND and eastern Montana don't have the infrastructure to handle 10, 20 or 30 thousand more people dumped on them in short order. Williston is in the process of building a 720 acre industrial park with a truck stop,hotel and restaurant as trucks are now parking on residential streets while drivers sleep and change oil letting it run in the gutters. :?

Texan said:
Tex said:
Who said I voted for him?
Nobody had to tell us - it's pretty clear from reading your posts that you share many of his philosophies. Are you trying to tell us that you didn't vote for him?

And frankly, along with everything else, the above quote is really further evidence that you DID vote for him. Because most people would have taken that opportunity to deny voting for him instead of trying to be obtuse about it. In fact, I can't think of anyone who actually didn't vote for him who would have answered like you did instead of just flatly stating, "I didn't vote for him!"

And here's another observation of yours that makes it seem clear that you're on the Obama team:

I will say that I am not happy about the republicans blocking government just to make Obama look bad.

Well, guess what, Tex? Obama doesn't need the Republicans to make him look bad. He's proven himself to be very capable of doing that without any help from anyone. The only people spouting that whiny nonsense about Republicans blocking things just to make him look bad are the true Obama loyalists - along with the whiny Blamer-in-Chief himself.

Clear-thinking, objective, non-partisan people will remember that President Obama was given one of the longest and most expensive honeymoons ever. Republicans gave him everything he wanted for the first year or two of his administration - until it was clear that it wasn't going to work.

Now, Republicans are rightly listening to the wishes of their constituents and trying to reverse some of it. We could probably agree that it would have been good had they been true conservatives when President Bush was in office instead of acting like big-spending liberal Democrats.

However, with all of that said, I'll have to admit that one of your other statements on an earlier post on this thread makes me wonder how you could have voted for Barack Obama. So, maybe I'm mistaken and you didn't actually vote for him, after all. This is the statement I'm referring to:

You know, Texan, I don't think I have listened to one of his speeches. No political speech matters, what matters is what you actually do.

If "what matters is what you actually do," there's really no way that you could have voted for him, right? Because he didn't have any record to be judged on. At least, no record that would qualify him to be elected to the highest office in the country.

However, I do find it somewhat strange that you have never listened to one of his speeches. Never? Wow...I bet you're one of the few people in the country who can say that.

I think a responsible voter should listen to the speeches of the major presidential candidates - not all of them, but at least a few of them. Even if you're sure that you're NOT going to vote for one of them, you should hear what they have to say.

And to not listen to your President? You've never listened to a State-of-the-Union speech? You didn't listen to his speech about killing bin Laden or his jobs speech last night? I even listened to those and there's not many people here who are more anti-Obama than I am.

Just like responsible voters should listen to the candidates, I think that responsible citizens should listen to their President. You don't have to listen to every one of his numerous speeches, but certainly there are times when we need to listen to our President.

So...if you actually have never listened to him speak, and since he didn't have a record to run on, maybe you really didn't vote for him after all. But, why don't you just come right out and tell us whether you did or not?

I don't mind admitting that I had to hold my nose and grit my teeth to vote for John McCain. Because I knew that the alternative would be just exactly what we've got now - a radical, big-government liberal community organizer who is determined to change this country in ways that are simply unacceptable to most of us. And it's almost unfathomable that some people elevated him to the position that is allowing him to do that.

I did watch the speech last night. The speech was a speech and one of the reasons that I don't waste my time on them. The details are what is important, not the speech. I have listened to way too many speeches by politicians and so many of them are not sincere and just provide cover for the politician to do something different while giving everyone a big story.

I hope the president was serious about his speech. We need to do many of the things he said.

I did notice at the end when he was shaking hands that Senator John Cornyn shook his hand and said something to him. I hope the president opens wide John Cornyn's role in abuse of power in the Judiciary Committee but I won't believe it until I see it. The president has not used the power of the presidency to do very much except put out fires. He needs to start some and call out some of the corrupt practices that go on in Washington D.C. He needs to get the Justice Department to look into some of this abuse of power.

If he does these things, he will get my vote and I don't mind saying so. I could care less who you or anyone else thinks about who I decide to vote for. I don't answer to you and I sure don't say my prayers to you or any man when I say them at night. I hope you feel as strong about this as I do and I hope you don't leave out your prayers at night. It is a perfect opportunity for you to get right with God.

Tex

MsSage said:
Since I live in an area that says this use to be a nice area untill the prison came to town.....really wow ....Seems to me that the ones starting all the drama are locals. The ones such as me do not go out to the "V" or any other "street dance" ie beer fest. We go to work, go shopping, smiling and speaking to everyone, then go home and stay there. yes we spend our money in town and cause no trouble BUT its "those prison people" who cause all the fights, gossip, and meth labs.
As I tell those who are brave enough to ask me.....yes they know I speak my mind when asked, Look at yourselves and see what your doing and stop blaming others if your standing there talking about someone...its YOU who is spreading the gossip and hate. Instead of passing on the latest greates lie stop it with you...try saying something nice about others.

Well old Sage- when I was Sheriff I worked hard with the local Chamber of Commerce and Investment groups to bring in a regional private owned contract prison to our county....This was after checking with LE and many others in the area where they had prisons already (some of which were in Texas)...

But our right wing NIMBY movement came in screaming and yelling - with a couple women screaming about the threat of them being kidnapped, pillaged, and raped by all the escapees that would happen (luckily a commissioner kicked me in the foot before I told them than NO one would want to rape them old battle axes-- sometimes I think they were wishful fantasizing :roll: :wink: )....
Any way the opposition chased the project to Shelby (Toole County) that has been pleased galore with the jobs- and as far as I've heard they've had no escapees or raped/pillaged/kidnapped old women!!!

Our county has lived on boom to bust-and the local history book is entitled Boom to Bust- starting with the Indians that wintered in the area- that were moved out to the reservation - and the wolfers that sold wolf pelts and cut firewood to the steamboats- that then ended- which was followed by the buffalo bone collectors...Followed by the cattle that were owned by out of country owners that were brought out of Texas and turned loose- that because of no management/over grazing destroyed part of the grazing land that still hasn't came back....Followed by them all dying in the winter of 1886-87...
Then we had the boom of Great Northern railroad- that was a boom that brought in everything including the Homesteaders in the early 1900's that went to bust in the drought/tough times of the dirty 30's- and most those folks left the land...But along with that we had a big Boom of the building of the Fort Peck Dam in the 30's that brought in and gave people from all over the country jobs- but after that was completed the area stalled out- until the 50's when the Air Force built a SAC Base which had us going to triple shifting when I went to school- and a Big Boom that made some folks millionaires--BUT the government in their brilliance closed that in the late 60's before it was even totally built- and the last mini boom we had was the oil/gas of the late 70's/early 80's- that dissolved mainly because of the distance to any refineries... Gas is going strong again- and if oil moves in- we will survive/thrive because we've lived thru in so many times....

But Big Muddy explained it better than I could- and maybe you will believe him...
Personally- I have no problem with them drilling on my land- and/or making me a millionaire like so many ND folks are doing-...
And right now-knowing the Bakken field drilling is moving this direction quickly- I'm flowing with the tide- and we have been investing in buying houses- because in the ND areas single mancave bedrooms are going for $1000+ a piece and houses/Apts are renting for whatever you ask.......

Tex said:
If he (Obama) does these things, he will get my vote and I don't mind saying so. I could care less who you or anyone else thinks about who I decide to vote for.

Tex

For one who fancies himself as such a highly intellectual thoughtful pondering pensive passionate person, you are sure easily bamboozled. :roll:

Latest posts