• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It's the little things...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reminds me of a chainsaw I bought new. The guy had just opened his shop and was not familiar with this latest high-power model. I was in a hurry so I told him no worries I had been running chainsaws since I was 10. It was hard to start requiring me to use both feet to hold it down and both hands to pull it. I used it that way for a couple of years and then I took it in for a complete servicing to the new owners that bought out and moved the shop. The guy owner and mechanic was busy so the lady owner older than me and much smaller held it with one hand and cranked it with the other with ease. I asked her what she did and she said she pushed the hidden compression release button. It was all explained in the instructions I never read.

MC when I started reading that I knew it was going to be a compression release. Falling timber they didn't have those when I started out. Some of those older saws really needed one. One time at Afognak Alaska I had an old 110? Mac. It weighed about 45 pounds. On a morning that was around zero out that saw kicked back and jerked the starter rope through my hand about 30 times in a row. I got mad and threw it down and kicked it. About broke my toes. I had a very sore left hand and very sore right foot. Finally that sorry saw started. First and last Mac saw I ever owned.

Latest posts