• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Its true Packer's win again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
House passes CAFTA
Thursday, July 28, 2005, 6:02 AM

by Bob Meyer

After an all-out push by the Administration, the House approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) early Thursday morning, 217-215. President Bush was on the Hill Wednesday, working to drum up support; Vice President Cheney, two Cabinet Secretaries and the U.S. Trade Representative were all working the Capitol through the night. In the end, 25 Republicans defied their leadership, and their president, to oppose CAFTA, while two others didn't vote. Only 15 of the House's 202 Democrats broke ranks to support it. House leaders held the vote open for an hour -- well past the normal 15-minute voting time -- as they rounded up enough votes to win. The agreement, which passed the Senate in June, will eliminate trade barriers between the United States and five Central American countries -- Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica -- along with the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean.

packerland said:
You don't know it yet, 'Maker but we just saved you from yourself... again.

I doubt seriously you could save yourself, which one of the p*ss ant packers you work for L&H or Sam Kane ?..............good luck

HM, if you're so intent on isolating the US, I hope you don't travel outside of Texas, as I would expect other jurisdictions to restrict the import of stupid people.

redriver said:
HM, if you're so intent on isolating the US, I hope you don't travel outside of Texas, as I would expect other jurisdictions to restrict the import of stupid people.

Is that why you are confined to your apartment ? .............good luck PS I thought I told you to go away. :wink:

HAY MAKER said:
packerland said:

I doubt seriously you could save yourself, which one of the p*ss ant packers you work for L&H or Sam Kane ?..............good luck

Could be one, could be the other. So say both close up, where ya gonna go with your cattle, Maker? Answer me that?

Haymaker, be thankful these small packers are still operating! I wonder how the small ones in the North are doing? It's a good thing you have cushion between you and those Canadian cattle, eh?

I'm making copies of all the predictions that were made pro and con and putting them away in a file. I'll bring them out periodically thru the years and see which side knew what they were talking about.

packerland said:
HAY MAKER said:
packerland said:

Could be one, could be the other. So say both close up, where ya gonna go with your cattle, Maker? Answer me that?

I have stated,before your time I might add,the cattle man's fight is not with the small packer.They could'nt manipulate the markets if they wanted to.I have a great respect for these folks that work long hours trying to get by.I will add my opinion on your question tho,and that is this,the laws of supply and demand work very well,where there is a demand some one will create a supply,where there is a supply,some one will create a demand. :wink: ...............good luck

redriver said:

That is his problem. He most likley has never been out of his county!!!
Haymaker, tell me how much beef you think the major packers import?

HAY MAKER said:
House passes CAFTA
Thursday, July 28, 2005, 6:02 AM

by Bob Meyer

After an all-out push by the Administration, the House approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) early Thursday morning, 217-215. President Bush was on the Hill Wednesday, working to drum up support; Vice President Cheney, two Cabinet Secretaries and the U.S. Trade Representative were all working the Capitol through the night. In the end, 25 Republicans defied their leadership, and their president, to oppose CAFTA, while two others didn't vote. Only 15 of the House's 202 Democrats broke ranks to support it. House leaders held the vote open for an hour -- well past the normal 15-minute voting time -- as they rounded up enough votes to win. The agreement, which passed the Senate in June, will eliminate trade barriers between the United States and five Central American countries -- Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica -- along with the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean.

They were reporting on FOX news this afternoon that the vote was even closer than that-- that on the recount it was 217 yes 216 nayes-- and that one of the nonvoters ( who claimed she got caught in traffic and couldn't make it for the vote :???: :roll: ) Jo Ann Davis, has said she would have voted against CAFTA-- which would have made it a tie.....

At least when this starts showing its the same flop to the US economy as NAFTA I think it will be much easier to stop FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas)........

agman said:
redriver said:

That is his problem. He most likley has never been out of his county!!!
Haymaker, tell me how much beef you think the major packers import?

IM sure you can't wait to tell me,and while you are at it convince me,what packers did yesterday is what they will do tomorrow,now that they have "CAFTA''..............good luck

Latest posts