• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

J M Capriola Owner's Death

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DustDevil

Reaction score
http://m.elkodaily.com/news/local/j-m-capriola-owner-killed-in-accident/article_561e6a5a-bc1d-11e1-81bb-001a4bcf887a.html

I have a catalog from J M Capriola from 30+ years ago. I always wanted to go to Elko and stop by the store. Sad to read about, I just happened across it when I was pulling up the store's website.

Capriola's is an institution in Elko. The quality of their leatherwork, engraved bits and spurs and pretty much everything they carry is exceptional. I have been there a few times and always look forward to stopping in. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I will wear the straw hat I bought there, tomorrow in honor of their loss

Big Muddy rancher said:
That's sad.
Wonder how many of us posting here have wanted to go to Elko?

I know I did/do.

We oughta plan a mini reunion or maybe union is the word seein as how some of us have never met yet. The cowboy poetry gathering is in January every year. We could get together in a year or 2 and visit and see the high Nevada desert. Its only 150 miles from me so I could make it.

leanin' H said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
That's sad.
Wonder how many of us posting here have wanted to go to Elko?

I know I did/do.

We oughta plan a mini reunion or maybe union is the word seein as how some of us have never met yet. The cowboy poetry gathering is in January every year. We could get together in a year or 2 and visit and see the high Nevada desert. Its only 150 miles from me so I could make it.

That is a great idea but I don't know if it would be a plan just yet.
Interesting though. :D :D

The Poetry Gathering in Elko....wonderful idea for us all to meet there. Just don't wait too long.....Mr. FH and I are getting old. :? The Poetry Gathering has been on our bucket list. Had friends who lived in Elko....and we just couldn't seem to get away.

Sorry to hear of her death and the way it happened.

We've always wondered why it is when most ranchers are feeding and calving. We'd love to go but can't get away.

Shake some dice @ the Commercial and look at their polar bear.

Spend a bunch of $$ @ Capriola's and get plum blinged up.

And be sure to eat @ one of the Basque places--just across the street, pretty much from Capriola's-----Star is my favorite. Hey!--if it's a get together, they do family style anyhow---that'd be NEAT place for y'all to eat~~

Paula Wright Was a wonderful person.. She always had the time to say hi to anyone. And she meant it. She was a real American. And she is missed.

Latest posts