• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jack Moreland, J.J. Moreland, Joy J. Fairchild

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rossdibella

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am located in Connecticut and I recently purchased some items at a local Flea Market that I would like to reunite with the families of the original owners. I came upon 2 books that appear to be autobiographies of the writers. The first was written by Jack Moreland and it is called "Recollections". It goes on to tell he was born February 18, 1895 and it talks at great length about his sister Evea, Brother Milton and the rest of his friends and family in Nebraska. The other book was written by Joy J. Fairchild, born August 12, 1892 and was evidently related to J.J. Moreland. It's called "Hi Stranger! Get Off Your Horse and Come In". This one has an inscription from Joy to his friend Don Culcomb.

I found the Ranchers.net website by chance when I was researching the books. There was an article published about Joy's 80th Birthday in August of 1972, naming many of the attendees, who traveled from all over the country to be there.

Anyway, being a family person myself, I thought one of their relatives would enjoy the books, especially if they were to young at the time of the party or were not even born yet. Great family history that you get firsthand, with no pun intended, "straight from the horses mouth".

Get me a name and mailing address and I will forward them.

Best regards,
Ross DiBella
[email protected]

redrobin said:
Nice of you to try to return the books

I gave Soapweed a call, that was his G'pa and Great uncle. He was going to contact the man.

It was nice to have a catch up call with Soap. He is posting on Facebook now and doesn't get back to ranchers very much.

Does anyone know if this memorabilia belongs to the same crew? Simla, CO area.
08BBF281-76C8-43A0-B710-598DEEE817ED.jpeg
4792A470-AB7A-498B-BEA8-8C86FFBC2E18.jpeg
053007CB-7A2D-4CCB-9EB8-B953CB94BB60.jpeg

We have met J.J. Moreland from Simla, Colorado many years ago and had a nice visit at the time. As far as we know, we are not related. Quite possibly way back in the pedigrees there might be some connection.

Latest posts