• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jake Clark's 10th Annual Mule Days Celebration, Part One

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Thecastoftheshoot.jpg

The cast of the "shoot 'em up" in Cody, Wyoming
TheDanMillershowinCody.jpg

The Dan Miller music show in Cody--it was very enjoyable
Mulesinmotion.jpg

Mules in motion
Colorfulcowpoke.jpg

Colorful cowpoke
Herecomestheparade.jpg

Here comes the parade
Powerfulmule.jpg

Powerful mule
Theflagbearers.jpg

The flag bearers
OldGloryinallitsglory.jpg

Old Glory in all its glory
Goodlookingsaddlemules.jpg

Good looking saddle mules
One-1.jpg

Two-1.jpg

Three-1.jpg

Four.jpg

Five.jpg

Six.jpg

Seven.jpg

Eight.jpg

Nine.jpg

Honeymoonersontheirget-awayconveyan.jpg

Honeymooners on their get-away conveyance
Ridingdoubledifferent.jpg

A new method of riding double
Ponymules.jpg

Pony mules
Stillacomin.jpg

Still a-comin'
Theonlythingworsethanadogwithfleasi.jpg

The only thing worse than a dog with fleas is a mule with a buggy behind. :wink:
Theonlyhorsesintheparade.jpg

The only horses in the parade
Colorgalore.jpg

Color galore
Bassackwards.jpg

Bass ackwards
Agoodold-timecowboyMorrisMcCartyrid.jpg

A good old-time cowboy, Morris McCarty, riding shotgun
Twinponymulepackstring.jpg

Twin pony mule pack string

Hi Soapweed! Great pictures of the mules. I'm wondering if you're considering trading your horses in.

I googled Sod House Sunday to see if I could find some info on the upcoming gathering and saw your post from 2 years back. (Congrats on the buckles)

We'll be attening this year and I'm looking forward to see you and your family again, assuming you'll again be competing (and if not, at least taking in the festivities). It's been since your oldest's wedding since I've seen you!

Haha Soapweed I love the pictures!! But why werent you out there ridin one of them mules??? :lol: The last picture is so cute! and i like that Spotted mule was it an Appy or just spotted? :p :lol:

Katy

The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally had better be watchin' over it's shoulder. LOL Good pics, looks like a fun time.

There are some darn good looking mules there, except for the app of course. Mules have an uphill battle towards pretty without that to overcome too! There are a couple that I wouldn't mind taking home, if only they didn't ever bray!

DJL said:
There are some darn good looking mules there, except for the app of course. Mules have an uphill battle towards pretty without that to overcome too! There are a couple that I wouldn't mind taking home, if only they didn't ever bray!

You made many profoundly pertinent points in a very short paragraph. :wink:

Here is our souvenir of the trip. I rode him for the first time last evening. He seems pretty nice.

SouvenirofourtriptoWyoming.jpg

Souvenir of our trip to Wyoming
Sixyearsold.jpg

His name is Willy Wonka, and he is six years old.
WillyWonkaishisname.jpg

He must be about half fast because he got second in the mule race out at the Mule Days rodeo last year.
Heridesprettyniceandcanwalkaholeint.jpg

He rides nice and can walk a hole in the wind.
Sittingonthedockofthebay.jpg

Sitting on the dock of the bay.
Newmule.jpg

Now if he just had a rider with more of the qualifications of a good jockey. :wink:

Good looking mule, Soapweed. The reason for the braying comment was due to seeing the result of the lone mule at a reined cow horse show. All was peaceful in the arena tie up area until the mule spoke, and suddenly fifty horses were halter pulling! Apparently none of them had ever heard a mule speak before. The mule showed pretty well in competition, but wouldn't pick up a right lead, and could lope a dime sized circle on the wrong lead, so that blew her out of the comp. I was kinda hoping she would do better just for the shock value. :lol: :lol:

You wanna hand your nice looking mule over?

:lol:

my grandma has been asking me to let her donkey breed my mares so I can train and sell the mules, might be a good idea

I can't help but stare at the twin mule donkeys, they are just adorable!

really great pictures!

best be careful once you start riding a good mule,youll want to sell off your horses.p.s. that one sure looks good.

flrooster wrote:
best be careful once you start riding a good mule,youll want to sell off your horses.p.s. that one sure looks good.

and I was just about to comment about Soap not turning into a mule man, you know the kind that run down horses and their people..... :lol: :lol:

Have to love that Appy mule.

Was always bummed when they quit the Busted Ass Mule Marathon in Arlee, MT. That went on for a number of years. I want to say Klinkinbeard was the guy who ran it, but it has been about 16 or so years since the last one. Used to see his son at FFA and 4H conventions.

Badlands

Latest posts