• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jan. 14 '09 Sunny day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I wasn't stuck, just had to dig thru to get to the other side.

Jan142009001.jpg

Cows getting some pellets out in the hills

Jan142009005.jpg

Jan142009004.jpg

Deer on the hill in the front yard, Daughter said their was 30 up there earlier. She got a picture with her good camera
Jan142009006.jpg

The deer are every where. even under the bins. every place we are feeding they are helping clean up :)

Jan142009009.jpg

Nice pictures...can't beat a blue sky day! I'm impressed...your New Year's resolution must've been to take pictures and figure out how to post them (unless Tam is posting them for you) :wink: Anyway, glad to see them!

Nicky said:
Nice pictures...can't beat a blue sky day! I'm impressed...your New Year's resolution must've been to take pictures and figure out how to post them (unless Tam is posting them for you) :wink: Anyway, glad to see them!

It wasn't a New Years Res. but I am posting them. It took just not letting her in the chair while she walked me through it. Just have to keep doing it so I don't forget. :roll: Even used the bulk uploader today.
It was a better day for taking pictures but is getting COLD tonight.

I have a "feed box" just like that Big Muddy. Mine is on the back of a Red tractor picked up by a bale unroller. This year so far it hasn't been possible to use it on a truck. I filled and used it this year for the first time today. Cows are out on barley bunches. Your photo's just might be the encouragement I need to post some pics. I also have that same cut down Mayrath with an electric motor on top.

I won that Feed box from Elanco when i entered a draw at Agribition. Didn't think I would use it much but it's been on that tractor all fall. We reinforced it a bit by doubling the plates where the 3pt pins are and put a 2x4 box iron acrooss under where the top link hooks.
I strap it to the Headache rack on my Dew eze deck but we have to much snow to use a pick up this winter.

I wish I could find another Mayrath, That one is original length. Not very long.

The pellets are 25% Barley,35% Pulse screenings and 40% grain screenings.

They area small pellets. maybe 1/4 inch. It would be nicer for ground feeding if they were 1/2 inch.

They also have a Vitamin /Mineral package and Rumensin .

We just spent the afternoon shoveling an auger like that out of a snow drift... I have one that I haven't used for years since I don't use the small graineries anymore- and my old buddy/neighbor needed one to fill his truck with ground grain for his heifers- so we went up there and shoveled it out- blocked it up- and brought the wheels down to get new tires on, so maybe we can get it pulled out of the drift its in this weekend....

Definitely a fair amount of snow in the north country....

Cal said:
Nice pictures. You must not be having any more troubles with the tractor.

Tractor is running good. I covered the fuel cooler with a piece of cardboard and put in the fuel heater JD came out with to counter act what the cooler was doing. :roll:

Soapweed said:
Nice bright pictures. Just think of all that great moisture you got out of this deal. :wink:

Just what I was thinking. That "stockpiled" water might even keep down the dust on Big Muddy Lake next spring. :D

Nice photos of cows & snow. I had a fair size bunch of deer hanging around my place the last couple of months, helping themselves to this & that. I'm glad to say they moved further south, undoubtedly harassing someone else now.

gcreekrch said:
Soapweed said:
Nice bright pictures. Just think of all that great moisture you got out of this deal. :wink:

Just what I was thinking. That "
stockpiled" water
might even keep down the dust on Big Muddy Lake next spring. :D

Cows look to be in good shape,Miss Tam must be workin hard,I agree looks like alot of spring water this year.................good luck

Latest posts