• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

January 7, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
AttheMensRetreat800x600.jpg

View from my back row seat at the Men's Retreat
AtPleasantPointChurch800x600.jpg

Held annually at Pleasant Point Church
DeepintheheartoftheSandhills800x600.jpg

Deep in the heart of Sandhills ranch country
Greatmusicfromlocalchurchmusicians800x600.jpg

Local church musicians provided great music. It was an inspiring and glorious day, with well over one hundred men coming from
far and wide to attend. A delicious roast beef dinner was extra "frosting on the cake."
Mytravelingcompanions600x800.jpg

My traveling companions
JFRanchsdadandmydad800x600.jpg

JF Ranch's dad, and my dad. The two men are first cousins.

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Bob and Joy look to be wintering pretty good. :D :D

They both seem to be doing quite well. They both have February birthdays; Dad will be 89, and Joy will be 87.

My Dad turned 89 in September and likes to get outside most days. He has been helping sort a few cattle off and string a pipe on the inside of the bull pen this week. He usually goes to see mom in the home twice a week and to town for groceries on Thursdays. Pretty spry, probably more so then I will be when I'm 65. :D

He still talks about the time Bob and Joy stopped in for that short visit. :D

I interviewed with JF once, and almost went to work there, but wound up with Vince L. I was going to say that Joy had aged a bit since then, but when I looked in the mirror, I decided to say how good he looks :wink: . I believe he has done better than I :( .

If that was an all mens retreat, what were the dancing girls doing on stage? :D

There are not very many dark haired people in that group either, where are our younger generations? :(

gcreekrch said:
If that was an all mens retreat, what were the dancing girls doing on stage? :D

There are not very many dark haired people in that group either, where are our younger generations? :(
The dancing girls are on stage because it Is a men's retreat.

The ladies provided delightful singing and a wonderful dinner. They left the room when the message began. The speaker today was extremely interesting. He spent 23 years in the Marine Corps and 16 years in law enforcement, before becoming a pastor. He is very passionate in his love for God, and he gave us all great inspiration.

There were guys from all ages there. I took my neighbor along with his 13 year old son. He may have been the youngest there, but the were quite a few guys around the 20 year mark. It was a great time for sure.

Latest posts