• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Japanese Editorial

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SH, "We certainly can't bank on research that has not yet proven itself. "

We're making trade regulations based on research that has not yet proven itself. :wink:

Sandblaster: "We're making trade regulations based on research that has not yet proven itself. "

Please explain yourself instead of constantly throwing out these "GENERALIZING STATEMENTS".

If you are talking about SRM removal, increased BSE surveilance, removing positives from the food chain, and the feed ban, you are wrong.

That research has proven itself by the fact that nothing has disproven it.

~SH~

SH, "Please explain yourself instead of constantly throwing out these "GENERALIZING STATEMENTS". "

We still don't KNOW where BSE came from. We still don't KNOW how it is transmitted. We still don't KNOW if prions can be in anything other than SRMs. We still don't KNOW if undetected carriers can transmit the disease.

SH, "That research has proven itself by the fact that nothing has disproven it. " :lol: That is a comment from someone who preaches science? :roll: :lol: That is how facts are established? :lol: :lol: My research indicates Blackbeard's ghost haunts an icefishing shack in Wisconsin. I guess that is a fact until disproven? :wink: :lol: :lol:

We need to see the Wizard!

What is with that Sandhusker. Is that some sort of reference to the Klan. I know you boys are in bed with PETA but you'd think the guys from the Klan would have more self respect. :twisted:

Sandblaster: "We still don't KNOW where BSE came from. We still don't KNOW how it is transmitted. We still don't KNOW if prions can be in anything other than SRMs. We still don't KNOW if undetected carriers can transmit the disease."

We know how it is transmitted.

If the feed ban theory does not have merit, why is Canada or other countries with BSE not finding any positives since their feed ban or feed ban phase out??

Where is the research that would suggest BSE prions are found in anything other than SRMs? We know they have been found in SRMs.

If we don't know if undetected carriers can transmit the disease, why are you sinking your teeth into 100% testing?

Now if someone found a BSE positive since the feed ban and feed ban phase out then we would have a reason to believe otherwise.

Everything is pointing toward the BSE science and research supported by the OIE. Nothing is pointing towards theories to the contrary but R-CULTers needing to justify keeping the Canadian border closed to live cattle.

~SH~

SH, "We know how it is transmitted."

How is it transmitted? I want facts, not theories.

Do I need to sic Reader on you? She knows more about this than you even think you do.

SH:"Using the most modern BSE testing technology available, can a carcass that tests negative for BSE, due to the "MAJORITY OF" prions being undetectable prior to 30 months, develop into BSE later?
If it can, then you are placing false hopes in BSE testing and SRM removal is still an important safety measure."

SH, that is really a dumb question. How can a "CARCASS" develop into BSE later. Did you forget that animals have to be dead now to test?

If it can? If it can what? Maybe come back to life after the head is cut off?

SASH said:
We need to see the Wizard!

What is with that Sandhusker. Is that some sort of reference to the Klan. I know you boys are in bed with PETA but you'd think the guys from the Klan would have more self respect. :twisted:

No, no, no, SASH! You can't say their in cahoots with PETA. I raised that question once, and I was soundly informed that I was mistaken. By a few Americans, and I believe, by frenchie. Take my advice, don't go there! :wink:

SH:"It is my understanding that the spinal column is now removed prior to carcass splitting so you are living in the past on that issue."

Spinal cord does not have to be removed in cattle under 30 months. Much less spinal column. Only distal ileum and tonsils. You can even make some "Brain Pie" from a UTM!

Do you think the packers are making an effort to do something they don't HAVE to!

Sanblaster: "How is it transmitted?"

Ruminant feed

Mike: "Spinal cord does not have to be removed in cattle under 30 months."

Then why the concern about carcass splitting Mike?

Mike: "How can a "CARCASS" develop into BSE later. Did you forget that animals have to be dead now to test?"

Using the most modern BSE testing technology available, can a carcass that tests negative for BSE, due to the "MAJORITY OF" prions being undetectable prior to 30 months, develop into BSE IN A PERSON who consumes any part of that carcass?

Yes or no?

In other words, does a negative test guarantee human safety?

Yes or no?

~SH~

SH:"In other words, does a negative test guarantee human safety?"

Nothing is guaranteed in life. But I would prefer the test.

Why the concern of carcass splitting? In younger cattle (as early as 6 months) prions are found in the distal ileum (part of the small intestine) first. When an animal is tested they test the brain for congregated prions.
Given that , it is not known how the prions travel from the small intestine to the brain. One theory is via spinal cord. How about some "Spinal Cord Soup"?

Sandhusker said:

SH's reply, "Ruminant feed"

Another unproven theory.

Not unproven when countries that have BSE stopped all ruminant feed and saw a resultant reduction in the number of BSE cases.

The only thing unproven is; is this the only means of transmission?

Sandblaster: "Another unproven theory."

A proven theory unacceptable to R-CULTers trying to wrongly justify keeping the Canadian border closed to live cattle for short term economic gain and long term potential devastating consequences.

The epitomy of stupidity!

~SH~

Jason said:
Sandhusker said:

SH's reply, "Ruminant feed"

Another unproven theory.

Not unproven when countries that have BSE stopped all ruminant feed and saw a resultant reduction in the number of BSE cases.

The only thing unproven is; is this the only means of transmission?

I'll give you that, Jason. The fact remains we don't know all there is to know, or needs to be known about BSE.

~SH~ said:
Sandblaster: "Another unproven theory."

A proven theory unacceptable to R-CULTers trying to wrongly justify keeping the Canadian border closed to live cattle for short term economic gain and long term potential devastating consequences.

The epitomy of stupidity!

~SH~

A theory once proven is no longer a theory, it is a law. :roll:

Who's stupid? :wink:

Sandblaster: "A theory once proven is no longer a theory, it is a law."

A theory doesn't become law once proven, it becomes fact.

In this case, a theory that has been proven time and time has become OIE rules to govern BSE.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandblaster: "A theory once proven is no longer a theory, it is a law."
A theory doesn't become law once proven, it becomes fact.
In this case, a theory that has been proven time and time has become OIE rules to govern BSE.
~SH~

... "In science, a theory can never be proven true, because we can never assume we know all there is to know. Instead, theories remain standing until they until they are disproven or dismissed as fallacious."

Latest posts