• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

JD 2955. What is a good price?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
A John Deere 2955 with 4 wheel drive and a 148 loader that has 2300 hours showing and looks great. What is it worth?
It looks to have just been painted and shows no sign of abuse. It also seems to run great.

Alabama - A good price would depend on whether you are buying or selling, does it have a cab?

we used to run an open station 2955 mfwd, no loader. was the best running rig we had, wish we never traded it off. we were allowed 23 thousand for it when we traded.

hands down the best utility tractor we ever owned.

I would rather rake hay with it than our new TS125.

If you are looking for a price, I'd guess around $18,000. If you are looking for the value, that is gonn'a depend on how you get along with your JD dealer. Being a 55 series the unit has been refined, but his older brothers (2940, 2950), while a handy sized tractor, didn't outshine the 3010 or 3020; IMHO. I unloaded with a 2950 with a 148 once, not that impressed; but we're used to more capacity, normally. The tranny was picky on this unit, but the hydraulics were smooth. As far as the loader goes; the green paint will stand with anything, and still be there at days end.

Thanks guys. this one has no cab but is covered. I was looking to buy but not for me. I was asking for a friend. All he needs it for is bush-hogging pasture with a batwing, moving hay and a little earth work such as cleaning out pins.
I think they are asking $21,000 for it with the new paint job.

Alabama said:
Thanks guys. this one has no cab but is covered. I was looking to buy but not for me. I was asking for a friend. All he needs it for is bush-hogging pasture with a batwing, moving hay and a little earth work such as cleaning out pins.
I think they are asking $21,000 for it with the new paint job.

Well, according to a quick search on www.machinefinder.com I'd say buy it! Wow, couldn't believe the prices they want for those little rascals. Might be able to pick up a 4020 cheaper & get a larger frame tractor in the process.
Phil

Edit: After another quick look at the results I'd maybe be a little leery of this "deal." Why'd it need a new paint job w/ only 2300 hrs? I'd ask to talk w/ the previous owner & look VERY carefully at everything on the tractor. Seems like it's so low that maybe it's got some issues.

Latest posts