• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

JD 7030 series tractors

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
Anyone running the newer JD's....either the 20 or 30 series.Was offered a decent deal on a new 7230 FWA. It is priced similar to to other Mfg. models that are equipped the same.....FWA,HD loader w/ grapple & soft ride loader suspension. The appealing part of JD is that they retain their sale value much better than the competition and parts availability is excellent. That being said it's still a lot of cash to part with....would like to hear from owners about their satisfaction level with these machines.

Are you going to use it for a loader tractor? If so, They will make a great loader with the ivt transmission. You can slow the tractor down with out using the clutch and use it to match the engine rpm with the ground speed. Great buy in my mind we just bought a jd 8320r.

left hand reverser is a must for loader work. the IVT is great, only problem is getting out of it and running a different loader....you tend to mess up some stuff cause the older ones don't stop with a touch of the brakes.....

One thing to remember is you can't fix an IVT tranny. $20,000 will get you a new one. Had a friend go through that .

Just make sure it is a premium model with the bigger hydraulic pump. I just bought a 7330 with a power quad. It has been quite a jump for me since it is 20 years newer than my other tractors. So far so good.

Was quoted on a 24 sp powerquad.........just don't know enough about the IVT. Have to admit all new tractors scare me with the electronics.....you are tied to the dealer diagnostics .....extended warranty may be a good move! :? Have looked at several competing makes....Kubota, McCormick & MF.....all basically same equipped; power shift; LH reverser; 3 pt hitch etc.. All feature tier 3 engines (recycle exhaust) common rail intake & just wonder if any can be reliable long term ownership machines!
Maybe just should fix my old clunkers up & try to carry on!

cowsense said:
Was quoted on a 24 sp powerquad.........just don't know enough about the IVT. Have to admit all new tractors scare me with the electronics.....you are tied to the dealer diagnostics .....extended warranty may be a good move! :? Have looked at several competing makes....Kubota, McCormick & MF.....all basically same equipped; power shift; LH reverser; 3 pt hitch etc.. All feature tier 3 engines (recycle exhaust) common rail intake & just wonder if any can be reliable long term ownership machines!
Maybe just should fix my old clunkers up & try to carry on!

I've been down the same road lately and hold the same questions about the electronics. The one that stands out based on fuel consumption is the Agco/ MF tractors with the 4 and 6 cylinder Sisu engines. They run on a LOT less fuel than other engines, based on reports from farmers that own them around here. Fuel is getting to be a really big deal at over a buck a liter.

The one option that seems like a really good idea is the economy PTO that lets you run the engine at 1500RPM and still get 540 PTO RPM on light duty jobs like cutting hay. I know that JD and MF offer it, the others likely do as well.

So far, I've stayed with my old clunker . . . :?

We have a 7330 and it's the shits.... Don't ever buy one!! It runs really bad... Misses a lot.. And you have to run a bunch of fuel treatment through it!!!
RUN FORREST RUN!!!

I'll just keep plugging along with my russian tractors I can feed cows on less than a gallon of fuel per day and all day cutting hay you won't burn 20 gallons of fuel. Best part is there are no computers or electric safety switches like on my lovely JD skid loader.Anyone can fix them if they have an ounce of sense. Further more my 825 Belarus starts all winter without being plugged in a plus if your hauling hay off fields in cold weather.I'd much rather buy land than new iron.

I would agree on buying land instead of iron, but at some point you cant keep dumping money into tractors that need repair. Thats what we decided but we need a bigger tractor.

We just bought another small farm - - - and the newest tractors we have are 1985 models and the newest combine is a 2002 JD9550 and a 1995 JD9500

I feel if we fall into a great deal we can trade up in iron but we are row cropping 2,300 acres with (2) 1985 JD4650s, and our big tractor is a 1985 Case 9170, still have a 1974 JD4630, 4020 and a 4010 running around

Latest posts