• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jingle Bob here's some pic's of the little mare

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hired hand

Reaction score
She's a coming 4 year old thats out of a roan bar bred stud & a king fritz mare tell me what ya think

kodyspictures018.jpg

kodyspictures021.jpg

kodyspictures013.jpg

She sure looks roany with all the snow falling!!!

We have a friend that rides a lot of King Fritz horses, he says
it is best King Fritz be on the bottom side, and not the top side.
She looks pretty nice for a two year old...I can see the King
Fritz breeding in her. I think you will like her looks even better
as she matures. That's kinda how they are.

I like your saddle too, BTW. What is it?

Here is a King Fritz bred gelding that we had and sold.
He was slower maturing but got to be a real good looking
gelding and it is said he is the hottest prospect around here
as a calf-roping horse. He always had a natural stop and
they have developed it even more. He won a 5-head CR jackpot
in Gillette last fall.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Sorry to but in,but thats a great lookin little mare! If you dont mind my asking,whered you get that saddle?My little brother has one exactly like it,breast collar and all,( i traded him for the collar :D ) Just curious...As for me i just cant leave my old swell forked rig... :lol:

Thanks, the saddle was built by jingle bob last spring & it's one of the best investments I've ever made
yeah I used to ride a swell fork as well but JB talked me into this one and I've got no regrets

I think I like her better than her brother and I really like him. 'Course, when you got a good lookin' saddle on her, it sure helps, don't it? :wink:

Maybe she ought to come spend a week or so outr here this spring? :)

Lets see, if it was in June/ July, you'd get a nice colt along about May/ June, next year. :wink: :lol:

Hows it feel to have a horse that loks better than you? :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK ya got me :lol: ya think that would be a good cross like i was sayin before she'll really move & is kinda startin to watch a cow & yup the saddle makes damn near any horse look good

hired hand said:
OK ya got me :lol: ya think that would be a good cross like i was sayin before she'll really move & is kinda startin to watch a cow & yup the saddle makes damn near any horse look good

Well, he's bred to be cowy. Don't mean he will be, but I can tell you more by next fall. :wink:

Sure glad you like the saddle. :)

Too bad it ain't as pretty as mine. :wink:

Might as well haul her and that little bay up north-I've never seen a breast collar set up like that. Is that an original idea JB-it looks like a good one.

Northern Rancher said:
Might as well haul her and that little bay up north-I've never seen a breast collar set up like that. Is that an original idea JB-it looks like a good one.

Not one I built. Tho' I've built them like that.

If you'll notice, the ring to hook the breast coller in is attached right off from the latigo keeper.

Lots of guys have hooked them up thru' the gullet hole.

I think it started with some guys who wanted their breast coller to hook up higher and only had a ring mounted down low, so they just got some longer straps and hooked it thru' the gullet hole. Makes them fit more like a work horse coller. Seems to help with the pull. Keeps the pull low, off from the horn and doesn't choke a horse.

I hardly ever use a breast coller. Just cinch up before I am going to rope something and loosen up after.

That ain't to say that there ain't a place for breast coller, tho'. :wink:

Pretty good insurance if a cinch should break. :)

I noticed the breast collar too. Alot of the barrel racers are startin to use breast collars that are similar to that....Frees up the horses front end movement because it is more in line with the muscles in the chest of the horse.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I noticed the breast collar too. Alot of the barrel racers are startin to use breast collars that are similar to that....Frees up the horses front end movement because it is more in line with the muscles in the chest of the horse.

Some years back, several of us had a booth with our saddles and stuff we had built, at the rodeo in Deadwood. The day of the steer tripping, two cowboys rode their horse up pretty close and came in the booth. At the time, I didn't have no idea who they were.

I noticed that one horse had a Y shaped breast coller and the other had a one piece tripper's breast coller on. I asked the one young feller as to why they were using different type of breast collers. He said, "If your horse will pull from the horn, you use one like I've got," motioning to the one with the Y shaped one. "If your horse won't pull, you have to use one of these other kinds," while pointing at the other coller.

We walked over and looked them over pretty close.

All this time the other guy was actin' kind of snooty and dealing with my partner on some concho's he had made.

While he was doing that I had a pretty good visit with this other guy who seemed real nice.

After they left the booth my partner told me, "You keep an eye on that guy. He's going to go far," while motioning to the guy I had been talking too. I asked who he was and he said, "Trevor Brazille". I asked who the other guy was and he said, "Cody Ohl."

He was right and I still get the impression from watching them on TV that Trevor is a nice guy and I think Cody still acts a little snooty. :wink:

Jinglebob
After they left the booth my partner told me, "You keep an eye on that guy. He's going to go far," while motioning to the guy I had been talking too. I asked who he was and he said, "Trevor Brazille". I asked who the other guy was and he said, "Cody Ohl."

He was right and I still get the impression from watching them on TV that Trevor is a nice guy and I think Cody still acts a little snooty.

From what I have gathered from some of the folks that know him- "a little snooty" is being much too kind...Most their comments were unprintable in mixed company...He is good tho- and he knows it....

Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob

He was right and I still get the impression from watching them on TV that Trevor is a nice guy and I think Cody still acts a little snooty.

From what I have gathered from some of the folks that know him- "a little snooty" is being much too kind...Most their comments were unprintable in mixed company...He is good tho- and he knows it....

Yup, he knows it. :wink:

When Ty Murry was the champ, someone said, "Yeah. well he's pretty cocky about it".

My comment was, "You know, if I could do what he can do, I'd be pretty cocky too."

So I guess you can be confident of your abilities, but I don't know if you need to get big headed.

I always figured Cody just had a bad insecurity complex so acted the way he did, to mask it. :wink: After all, he was the one with the horse that wouldn't pull, at the trippin'. :wink:

By the way, my partner that day was Red Lemmels brother. He ranches with his dad, just north of me. Pretty handy at engraving and tooling. Used to make boots, but kind of quit as he was so fussy and never happy with the fit he was getting.

I agree with OT on this one a little snootie is WAY to kind. He's the kind of guy who would kick a pup then drive over it just cuz he knows he's good at what he does. A young buddy of mine spent some time with his awesomeness at some function or other, and lets just say his presence is known :) He is definately the kind of guy I would put in his place if he tried that crap with this woman!

Judith said:
I agree with OT on this one a little snootie is WAY to kind. He's the kind of guy who would kick a pup then drive over it just cuz he knows he's good at what he does. A young buddy of mine spent some time with his awesomeness at some function or other, and lets just say his presence is known :) He is definately the kind of guy I would put in his place if he tried that crap with this woman!

Man! Have you had your coffee this morning? :shock:

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad I'm married, or you could come visit and I'd show you that some of us men ain't all bad. :wink:

Some of us still open doors for ladies and everything. :wink:

Come to think of it, even tho' I am married, you could still come for a visit. I'm pretty harmless. Must be why I have lots of friend who just happen to be female. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts