• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jingle Bob here's some pic's of the little mare

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I run mine through the gullet hole too,it just feels good when you pull somethin.Believe it or not,it will keep a horse from boggin his head all the way too,which ive found make a slightly longer,but less hard hitting buck out. :D I tried roping without a breast collar (on accident i misplaced mine somehow :shock: ) on some company horses (robert thigpen horses) while ridin yearlins,and all i got was alot of tryin to tighten up,and alot of flanky horses.About the third day i borrowed one and was fine.I dont know whether it was a poor saddle fit,or the horses were used to pullin with a collar,or what?But i know of one older fella who'll rope grown bulls (tied hard and fast mind you) without any collar at all...Im guessin i missed out on the day of cowboy school where they sat around and argued about collars... :oops:

Jinglebob said:
Come to think of it, even tho' I am married, you could still come for a visit. I'm pretty harmless. Must be why I have lots of friend who just happen to be female. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know JB, I don't know if thats good or bad when the wives start thinking of us as harmless :shock:

I couldn't make my wife jealous if I tried anymore...I'm hoping its trust and not just lack of interest :roll: :lol: I have several gals around here that are always calling up with paperwork problems on their horses or questions about inspections-needing inspections or something...My wife calls them my "Horsey Harem"....Always giving me a bad time about how fast I run out the door to help one of "your harem" out- when I mumble and grumble about a 1000 head good paying day.... :lol: :lol:

Lol,how do you know?Cow,calf...Bull? :shock: Were ya sittin in the dirt,or did ya roll under cuz yer back cinch didnt break?either way... :shock:

JB,
I actually had'nt had my coffee yet :)

Trust me on this one I am no man hater, I know there are wonderful men out there. There are LOTS of real big teddy bears here on this board. You know Lone Ranger code guys. One thing I do not tolerate though is ignorant behavior from man woman or child. I was not blessed with the ability to ignore things or back down. (drat think of all the trouble it would have saved me over the years :D ) I have no problem with arrogant behavior it's his treatment of people that is unacceptable :mad: . He just needs a wee tune up and I am sure he will be fine :D . Yes I know I just hijacked a thread AGAIN :shock:
Filly is really nice and that breast collar looks really great and funtional.

can we say a$$hole on here? even if we say it in french :shock: :) I was trying to nicely imply that perhaps he (Sir Cody) might just be one but I didnt actually want to say it out loud. :D Besides my version of an A hole might be totally different from JB's :) NR, I know you and I agree on what one is but everyones definitions are different. Dang this thread is making me think of some horribly raunchy jokes darn it you guys!!! I was trying to behave for once ugggg

Watch your tongue I am a die hard Roy Cooper fan! (Oops did I just admit how old I am....) OK I will admit that Cody really can rope, he is a talented athlete.

Too many boys that are good at a sport,think they can do no wrong.. This is true of ALL sports,but,thank goodness,not of all players

I am a nut for King Fritz so I went to the source and visited with Les Vogt about him and the offspring he had from him. Said he was far and away the best horse he ever knew of. Kind and willing with tons of heart and he passed all he had to his colt's. I asked if he knew of any mares around that would be for sale by King Fritz he laughed and said" Honey if you can afford one of those mares you wouldn't be here" I was at a clinic when I asked him. Great guy to learn from, a little harder on a horse then I like to be, but he knows horses.

I think he is harder on them than I would like as well, Heel Fly.

Klatt Quarter Horses, located near Killdeer, ND raise a lot of King Fritz bred horses. The friend I mentioned that said it is best to have King Fritz on the bottom side is a neighbor to Klatts and he's rode a ton of them.
That also is where the horse I posted a picture of came from. We
bought him as a yearling. Klatts sell every other year at one of
the sale rings in Dickinson. They have a lot of horses and they have
a lot of PROVEN horses as well. It is just her now, as her husband
passed away. His name was Leo, and I think hers in Loretta.

BTW, heelfly, Mr. FH and a friend were over near the Blankenship
ranch today. Mr. FH said he saw some good looking Hereford cows and they were in really good shape!!!! So, wanted to pass that along...
He said they were the real 'mellow' colored Herefords.

Why thank you. Up until 2 days ago they were just on grass. I don't baby them like dad did. Those old fat bags thought they where going to die, but somehow they managed!! We put them on salt meal the other day. I hate to do that because then they don't graze out as far, but it is that time of the year. Tell Mr. FH he should have stopped in for coffee.

Latest posts