• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jinglebob

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
You were questioning us that try to rid ourselves of Richardson ground squirrels I wonder if you would let rats go uncontroled on your place. They both are rodents, eat crops and burrow under buildings and water bowls ect.

I think Gohpers are harder to control because good sanitary conditons will limit rats.

If i don't get back to you i will be gone for a couple days to stockgrowers convention. Hope it rains while I am gone as of yet we have had 14inches of cloud and 1.5 inches of rain and that 's for the whole spring.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't questioning you as to thinking you were wrong. I was mearly trying to understand your methods and what you were dealing with. I've heard so many"experts" around here who told me they were ground squirrels or pocket gophers or moles. I don't think any of them really know what they are talking about. I was wondering what you had and how you were dealing with them.

Our striped gophers would be real hard to shoot and I don't see as ours cause any harm, but they are evidently different than what you have.

As far as my comment about killing badgers, I was trying to poke fun, but I must have missed you with the poke and poked myself in the eye! :lol:

Latest posts