• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jo Pa dead at 85

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
while I do feel for his family and thier loss, I find it hard to be sad that the guy died. for his roll in the cover up of an obvious pedophile, I think it will be VERY warm where he is headed.... to stand by and do nothing to stop the molestation, is just as guilty as actually doing the molesting, in my opinion.

Great. Now the State Penn Lion Nits will be in the news all over again. I wonder just how the ESPN, BTN, and others will cover JoePa's career? He was a great coach, but in the end, he was human, just like the rest of us....warts and all.

I too await the stories...his greatness is tarnished, and i think anyone who looks past his sick cover up of pedophilia, to glorify his coaching records is a pathetic tool.

while I will admit Osborne is a legend. and a great man, if he were to be involved in such a situation, how would you feel about him Loomix? just curious.

jigs said:
I too await the stories...his greatness is tarnished, and i think anyone who looks past his sick cover up of pedophilia, to glorify his coaching records is a pathetic tool.

while I will admit Osborne is a legend. and a great man, if he were to be involved in such a situation, how would you feel about him Loomix? just curious.

What would you think of ol alum-ass? Would you take down your shrine?

katrina said:
Guys.... He's not dead yet..... 8) :oops:

Yes, he is, katrina. He died this morning.

Well, Jiggsy, if what happened to JoePa hapened to TO, it would be every bit as huge a shock. TO knew when to hang it up, JoePa didn't. JoePa was too old school to really know how to handle something like the Sandusky affair (no pun intended). He trusted his superiors and his underlings, and they both failed him miserably and sold his a$$ down the river. I do think JoePa was quite insulated from unpleasantness and was probably fed a line any time he may have asked about things concerning Sandusky.

He will still go down in the books as one of the very greatest of all time, and deserving of the accompanying accolades, but at the end of the day he was imperfect, just like the rest of us. Should his name be stricken from the State Penn records, buildings, library, etc., etc.? No. Remember hm for all the good he spread throughout the world, but pray for his soul.

loomixguy said:
katrina said:
Guys.... He's not dead yet..... 8) :oops:

Yes, he is, katrina. He died this morning.

Well, Jiggsy, if what happened to JoePa hapened to TO, it would be every bit as huge a shock. TO knew when to hang it up, JoePa didn't. JoePa was too old school to really know how to handle something like the Sandusky affair (no pun intended). He trusted his superiors and his underlings, and they both failed him miserably and sold his a$$ down the river. I do think JoePa was quite insulated from unpleasantness and was probably fed a line any time he may have asked about things concerning Sandusky.

He will still go down in the books as one of the very greatest of all time, and deserving of the accompanying accolades, but at the end of the day he was imperfect, just like the rest of us. Should his name be stricken from the State Penn records, buildings, library, etc., etc.? No. Remember hm for all the good he spread throughout the world, but pray for his soul.

wellll so, so suck your toe!! :oops: my bad.. :oops: :oops:

Sandhusker said:
jigs said:

What would you think of ol alum-ass? Would you take down your shrine?
I would turn on him like a rabid dog.
there is no use in this world for a pediphile or a person who covers up the actions....
Paterno KNEW what was going on. he is being judged now. probably has a seat next to the fire and an empty chair for Sandusky right next to him.

I thought in my Bible it said if you really PRAY with the right HEART...ALL YOUR SINS WILL BE FOREGIVEN........who are we to judge he is in a hot place.....did he do the right thinG WHILE ALIVE...not by a damn longshot

Latest posts