• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Joe vs. Jose

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It looks like the ones that volunteered to be deported really had no choice. They were told you can volunteer to be deported or we will deport you. Do you think that ICE will reach their goal of 404,000 for 2011. The ones that volunteered to be deported were in custody already the way I read some of the internet statements from several sources. Was some of the numbers counted twice. does any one have proof of that.

Mike said:
hurleyjd said:
Can any one tell me what president gave amnesty to the illegals. It is hard for me to remember please help me. Also do any of you remember that the USA imported Mexicans by the train load to work here during World War II.

No president in our lifetime has given illegals amnesty per se'. They don't have the power.

There was Congressional Bill that allowed them to work through progressive steps to obtain amnesty, but they had to earn it by being a productive citizen after applying for a Temporary Residency card and then a Resident Alien card throughout about a 10 year span. Plus, no jail offenses.

THE SECOND 1984 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE OCTOBER 28, 1984

snip...

REAGAN: Georgie, and we, believe me, supported the Simpson-Mazzoli Bill strongly, and the bill that came out of the Senate. However, there were things added in in the House side that we felt made it less of a good bill; as a matter of fact, made it a bad bill. And in conference, we stayed with them in conference all the way to where even Senator Simpson did not want the bill in the manner in which it would come out of the conference committee. There were a number of things in there that weakened that bill - I can't go into detail about them here. But it is true our borders are out of control, it is also true that this has been a situation on our borders back through a number of Administrations.

And I supported this bill, I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here, even though some time back they may have entered illegally.

With regard to the employer sanctions, we must have that - not only to ensure that we can identify the illegal aliens but also, while some keep protesting about what it would do to employers, there is another employer that we shouldn't be so concerned about, and these are employers down through the years who have encouraged the illegal entry into this country because they then hire these individuals and hire them at starvation wages and with none of the benefits that we think are normal and natural for workers in our country. And the individuals can't complain because of their illegal status. We don't think that those people should be allowed to continue operating free, and this was why the provisions that we had in with regard to sanctions and so forth. And I'm going to do everything I can, and all of us in the Administration are, to join in again when Congress is back at it to get an immigration bill that will give us once again control of our borders. And with regard to friendship below the border with the countries down there, yes, no Administration that I know has established the relationship that we have with our Latin friends. But as long as they have an economy that leaves so many people in dire poverty and unemployment, they are going to seek that employment across our borders. And we work with those other countries.

snip...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/debatingourdestiny/84debates/2prez3.html

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=533227#533227

Latest posts