• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

john deere can kiss my you know what

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Don't know why you would want to pay for green paint! I sold all mine and bought half the price and better.

cure said:
Had a john deere lost the front out from under it. We finally got it on the trailer to take down to the dealership to get fixed. Called the service department to tell them we were running a little late that we would be there right around 5 and that we would need some help getting it off. The service guy told us that if we weren't there in time to have it off by 5 then don't bother coming down because they won't help us. As far as I care I will never buy another jd tractor as long as I live and I will never recommend jd to anyone. There are to many other tractor companies out there that are willing to bend over backwards to get your business that why should a guy have to put up with that type of BS.
Well any way I guess I have blown off enough steam that I can go back to work

I never could understand this kinda service logic, seems to me to catering to a customer with a tight schedule would have been good Buisness practise to
help the folks and what ever overtime charges occured go on the repair ticket ?
good luck

ranch hand said:
Don't know why you would want to pay for green paint! I sold all mine and bought half the price and better.

They are all priced the same Case, John Deere, New Hollland, CAT, Massy etc. Unless your buying some off brand crap that you cant find parts for. I love it when someone bashes deere and then at the end of their sentence they say that they run some other color. You will get bad service with any dealer whether its green, red or blue.

Around here, the green paint sure brings a lot more dough than any other color when it's time to trade or sell. Added value. Just price a 4020 power shift today.

loomixguy said:
Around here, the green paint sure brings a lot more dough than any other color when it's time to trade or sell. Added value. Just price a 4020 power shift today.

But with a JD 4020 your dealing with the antique value of the tractor. Which will help increase the value of it. Not really the case on the newer models lets say from 4430 on up. Wouldn't you want to own something that you could get the most out of rather than have something that you cant give away?

I would. Those old 4020's are hard to beat, but the Sound Guard cab in the 30 series was welcome relief when baling or when feeding in cold weather.

Grand Dad always told me that you get what you pay for.

"Antique Value"? Hey! I resemble that remark! :lol:

Customer service is lacking in everything from tractor dealers to supermarkets. If a guy has to travel a ways like Cure would have to, to drop a tractor off to get fixed, a dealer that wants his buisness would stick around to EARN it! Some of us don't have a dealer up the block or even in our county. I completely understand his frustration and have no use for excuses or just plain lazy butts who do not care to EARN my money. If Cure shows up way late without calling and nobody is around it's his fault! If he calls and asks if he can deliver a tractor because it is handy for his schedule and the dealer says no, that dealer must have lots and lots of work and isn't afraid to lose Cure's account. And if that is the case, why waste more time and money there? To me the color doesn't matter but the service or lack thereof sure as heck does! :x Maybe Cure's old dealer needs a sign that proudly proclaims "We'll take your money when it's handy for us to do so. If you don't like that, shop elsewhere" :wink:

And he will! :D

tenbach79 said:
loomixguy said:

But with a JD 4020 your dealing with the antique value of the tractor. Which will help increase the value of it. Not really the case on the newer models lets say from 4430 on up. Wouldn't you want to own something that you could get the most out of rather than have something that you cant give away?

I thought you were talking about buying, not selling :lol:

Just had a leak on my 310 backhoe that JD said would cost $0.85 for an o ring and 6 hours labor at $85.00 per

I got to looking at it and I cut the open end off a 1 3/8" wrench and welded a socket in the web to make my own "crow foot" wrench as I could not buy one that big.

Took about 25 minutes to replace the o ring.

My foster son works for JD as a "field repair rep" ( fancy name for wrench turner with schooling) and he is turning the idea in to JD to see if they will publish it for all reps. Maybe it will save someone else from a big repair bill.

The repair manual calls for removing the hoe from the tractor and replacing the o ring then reinstalling everything as it is not very easy to get to but with the wrench I built and about 2' of extentions you can get it off and back on from underneath without much problem.

There are plenty of tools in our and our neighbors shops designed for those jobs that can't be done. JD will call it a "Specialty" tool and still take their pound of flesh. Good for you for sharing it though.

per said:
There are plenty of tools in our and our neighbors shops designed for those jobs that can't be done. JD will call it a "Specialty" tool and still take their pound of flesh. Good for you for sharing it though.

We have a socket cut off and welded to a piece of flat iron that has a couple of fancy bends in it to tighten a banjo fitting on the power steering of a Hesston tractor. Don't have the Hesston anymore. :D

Latest posts