• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

July 11 and 12, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
ThisshouldcheertheheartofFasterhorses800x600.jpg

This should cheer the heart of Faster horses. :wink:
Prettygoodstuff800x600.jpg

Pretty good stuff
Myneighborssystem800x600.jpg

My neighbor's system of keeping cattle from getting into big tanks on a hot summer day.
Thismethodworksverywell800x600.jpg

This method works very well.
Myloadisshiftingbadly800x600.jpg

My load is shifting badly while driving through the hills.
SoIliftedtheHydra-Bedarm800x600.jpg

So the Hydra-Bed arm was put into place as a prop. It worked. :)
Cattleonahotday800x600-1.jpg

Cattle on a hot day
Anothercageinatank800x600.jpg

Another cage in a tank
Calfoutofatenyearoldcow800x600.jpg

Calf out of a ten-year-old cow
Anothercalf800x600.jpg

Another calf out of another ten-year-old cow
Acouplemoreoftheboys800x600.jpg

A couple more of the boys
Onemorebigtankwithacage800x600.jpg

One more big tank with a cage.
Anothertankbarrier800x600.jpg

Another tank barrier
Weneedagoodrain800x600.jpg

This whole general area needs a three-day general rain. Each day brings this nice rain one day closer. :)
Thepanelssurekeepcattleoutofthetanks800x600.jpg

My neighbor who pastures cattle for us has eight of these big tanks for summer water supply. Each tank has panels inside
to keep the cattle outside. I really appreciate his efforts.
Colorfulhaycrew800x600.jpg

Neighboring hay crew on R & R. They even found some shade, which is hard to do in this country.
Thisponyloadedhimself800x692.jpg

This pony found the trailer door open and loaded himself.
NickLinenbrinkfuneral1800x600.jpg

Funeral of an 80 year-old rancher friend.
LF11800x600.jpg

The honor guard looked pretty sharp.

Calves look to be doing well despite the dry conditions.Your heifers have never been cleaner they seam to get a shower every few days here.

Your cows and calves look good.
What's in the green bags? Salt?
Do you guys mix auromycin(spelling?) in with the mineral?

ousoonerfan22 said:

I'll answer for him.. Yep the green bags are salt. Green if C-fine, blue is fine. Comes from Independent Salt mine in Kanopolis Kansas. I used to haul it out of the mine 20 years ago, and it cost me $.35/bag, now delivered here it is $2.50/bag.

Denny said:
Calves look to be doing well despite the dry conditions.Your heifers have never been cleaner they seam to get a shower every few days here.

Those heifers are probably thanking their lucky stars they got to go on a summer vacation to the Land of the Lakes. Today it's been up to 106 degrees with a thirty mile per hour breeze. It would really be drying things out, if things weren't already plumb dried out. There are a few clouds in the sky, which always gives us hope.

ousoonerfan22 said:

Yes, it is salt in the green bags. When the plastic salt sacks first came out, I didn't like them. Now that a friend has shown me the secret to opening them, they are much more convenient and user-friendly than the old paper sacks. Personal preference is the C-fine salt instead of regular fine salt. If and when we get any moisture, the C-fine doesn't cake up and get hard like regular fine salt does. We don't normally feed any auromycin with the mineral unless we are having foot-rot or other health issues.

I was thinking that you will taking that pony home for your new cowhands in another couple of months...

I like looking at ranch and cattle pictures ...makes me want to move and help someone....... but got 1200 head of fat hogs to help take care of...

LazyWP said:
ousoonerfan22 said:

I'll answer for him.. Yep the green bags are salt. Green if C-fine, blue is fine. Comes from Independent Salt mine in Kanopolis Kansas. I used to haul it out of the mine 20 years ago, and it cost me $.35/bag, now delivered here it is $2.50/bag.

$3.80 here picked up at the feed store.

Latest posts