• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

July 13 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Checked to see if the Big Meadow was drying out after my July 4rth pyrotecnics and the results of 9 days with a couple 330 Conibears.
Beavers did a good job or irrigating, they just wanted to stay longer than their welcome.
P7130866.jpg

P7130867.jpg

Checked Morrison Meadow to see how the post irrigation drying was progressing. Without excessive rain (that isn't in the forecast) we will be cutting in a week. My partner of 32 years (yesterday) went along for the ride.
P7130868.jpg

P7130869.jpg

P7130870.jpg

P7130871.jpg

P7130872.jpg

Heifers hunting shade. It was 32 C here this afternoon.
P7130873.jpg

P7130875.jpg

Pairs were shaded up too.
P7130876.jpg

P7130877.jpg

Late calvers at home.
P7130878.jpg

Looks like you wont be short of hay gcreek. Critturs look good too.
Congrats on the anniversary, I would think Debbie would be in line for a medal of some kind :shock: :lol:

Soapweed said:
Conditions look wonderful in your neck of the woods, Gcreek. If you have extra hay for sale, you could sure truck it south to a ready market.

You can forget that. Did you see where he said "a cowman never sells
hay"? It was a wonderful idea, though. :D

We were hoping to go up there and help him cut that stuff. When
Mr. FH sees what's standing, he might go anyway and leave me to
tend the fires at home. So far, no fires here.........but you never know.
Conditions are certainly ripe for fire. :cry: I looked at the long range
forecast and it looks cooler after August 3rd. For awhile anyway.

Looking good! And happy belated anniversary!! Your Big Meadow looks like a little meadow we rode thru yesterday in the mountains (helping some friends). Knee deep water in most places and grass up the saddle horn. I said "Dave would be haying this :) "

Faster horses said:
Oh, ya, Happy Belated Anniversary.

Does Debbie get to pick where she wants to GO and eat???? :D
One of the best gifts for a good wife, "let's go out and eat." :lol: :lol: :lol:

We did go out for supper. Our 2 choices for eateries were the one with the grumpy cook or the one with the grumpier cook. We went with the first. :D

Looks like you have lots of grass! I bet it's a real challenge haying in those marshy looking fields. Do you ever get your tractor stuck? :D I think I recognise the field in the first two pictures from when you were digging out the drainage ditch. Is some of that grass Garrison foxtail?

Things are sure green and pretty up your way! :D Those meadows are exceptional. I have never tried trapping beavers but would like to give it a go. A beaver would have to pack around a stocktank full of water out this direction unless he was a dehydrated beaver. Congrats on the anniversary! Tell Deb i am amazed at her patience and internal fortitude. Tell yourself i am glad you married so high above your head! :D

Ned Jr. said:
Looks like you have lots of grass! I bet it's a real challenge haying in those marshy looking fields. Do you ever get your tractor stuck? :D I think I recognise the field in the first two pictures from when you were digging out the drainage ditch. Is some of that grass Garrison foxtail?

Wet ground can be a challenge all right. Most years the ground is solid enough 30 days after the water is let go. Have been stuck a few times but most of this peat is shallow enough that we only make ruts if we push things. Once a field is opened up the low spots dry faster.

There is some Meadow Foxtail on our "Big Meadow" but the closest in the first two photos is mostly ripgut swamp grass. I think Denny calls it Bullfrog Alfalfa. :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:

One of the best gifts for a good wife, "let's go out and eat." :lol: :lol: :lol:

We did go out for supper. Our 2 choices for eateries were the one with the grumpy cook or the one with the grumpier cook. We went with the first. :D

Grumpy cook. :shock:

Heck I can just stay home and have one of those. :roll:

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:

3-4 days from now you should be able to see Tam again. :nod:

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:

3-4 days from now you should be able to see Tam again. :nod:

You think he heals that fast? :D

Latest posts