• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

July 2, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
4Diamond said:
I like the little side boards on the hydra bed. You wouldn't happen to have any more pictures of that up close would you?

LedgeonHydra-Bed800x600.jpg

Ledge on Hydra-Bed
Thecorner800x600.jpg

Around the corner 90 degrees worth
Sparkydidthehandiwork800x600.jpg

My son, Sparky did the handiwork.
Endgatefastener800x600.jpg

Endgate fasteners
Weldedjustinplaces800x600.jpg

Welded just in places
Howtheendscometogether800x600.jpg

How the ends come together
Lowbirthweightbullforuseonheifers800x600.jpg

Low birthweight bull for use on heifers
Yearlingheifers800x600-1.jpg

Yearling heifers
Drinkingnourishment800x600.jpg

Drinking nourishment
Morelittleboycalves800x600.jpg

More little boy calves
Bullssparring800x600.jpg

Bulls sparring
Atonetimeitwasdrierthanitisnow800x600.jpg

At one time it was even drier than it is now. We bought this ranch in 1986, and the back-rubber was in place in the pond at that time.
The pond has had water in it every year since, except for about five years ago it went dry for a short while. It must have really been dry
when the postholes were dug to set up the back-rubber, probably back in the 1960's or 1970's.

How does the single wheeled pickup handle the bales I'm most likely going to build one on my 3/4 ton this fall.

Denny said:
How does the single wheeled pickup handle the bales I'm most likely going to build one on my 3/4 ton this fall.

I like single wheels the best. Duals just make two more tires to have to buy, and it's harder to get through deep snow with another track to break. The wider wheel track of two tires also tears up more country driving through the hills, mashing down more grass. The sandy windmill roads get wider and blow more with the duals. Outside of looking cool, there's not much reason to have them. :wink:

Thanks for the pictures that is very nice. I need to come let your welder man/son tackle my bed! We are in the process of switching our hydra bed from a chevy gaser over to a 95 ford diesel. I agree on the dual wheel vs single wheel. Most disagree with me but I would rather buy 4 tires at a time as opposed to 6.

Soapweed said:
Denny said:

I like single wheels the best. Duals just make two more tires to have to buy, and it's harder to get through deep snow with another track to break. The wider wheel track of two tires also tears up more country driving through the hills, mashing down more grass. The sandy windmill roads get wider and blow more with the duals. Outside of looking cool, there's not much reason to have them. :wink:

Definently agree. Most of the pickups don't have much difference in the axle and what not between single and dually. I put some air bags helpers under mine they work nice. Just buy some good tires and they work great.

x2 I have air bags under my chevy right now. Makes a huge difference when my back bale isn't over they truck.

Latest posts