• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

July 29, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Thehorsesfoundtheirwayhome.jpg

The horses found their way home.
Itwasalmostfivemilesbutallthegateswereopenwide.jpg

It was almost five mile from where we had left them the night before, but the gates were all open wide, and they evidently
were missing their equine friends.
Therainacoupledayagobrightenedthegrass.jpg

The rain a day previous really brightened the green in the grass.
Lotsoffreshairandnotmuchelse.jpg

Lots of fresh air and not much else
Breakdowninthehayfield.jpg

Breakdown in the hayfield
Sparkytotherescue.jpg

Sparky to the rescue
AlongwithhisdogRowdy.jpg

Along with his dog, Rocket.
Histravelingrig.jpg

Their traveling rig
Doingagoodjob.jpg

Doing a good job
Archimedesisnothelpingmuch.jpg

Archimedes is not helping much.
Theproudownerwholetssleepingdogslie.jpg

The proud owner who is good at letting sleeping dogs lie.
Cowswithheifercalves-1.jpg

Cows with heifer calves
Heifercalvesandtheirmothers.jpg

A baldy heifer
Anotherbaldy.jpg

Another baldy
Sunlightfilteringthroughthetrees.jpg

Sunlight filtering through the trees
Moreofthesame-1.jpg

As another day draws to a close

Someday, when I'm nearing retirement, I'm going to own a field with no rocks just so I can use a rake like that. :wink:

Thanks for the haying pictures Soapweed. while we are nearing the day when some ground is dry enough, we are both having symptoms of haying withdrawal.

miocene said:
dave- i thouht you alredy had fields without rocks .the only problem this year is an excess of surface water.

You don't have to look far on any of our ground to find rocks or holes. Some of the peat is pretty thin.

we've been making haylage for the last week,in between storms.have close to 200 bales up and 100 in the swath.crops look good my guess is that we will have close to double last years feed just off the home place. have standing water in most fields,even the highest ones. the meadow is flooded and looks like a write off unless we get 2 weeks of HOT and DRY weather might be a year to try grazing cows out there till january using blocks and electric fence to control movement.

Latest posts