• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

June 22, 2013

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Withaninchofrainlastnight800x600_zps07339338.jpg

With a wonderful inch of rain last night, and no wind today, I was finally able to burn about two months worth of salt
and mineral sacks, as well as netwrap from the last bales we fed.
Cattleonholiday800x600_zps559e9c25.jpg

Cattle on holiday
Soapweedinbloom800x600_zps3dff32e5.jpg

Soapweed in bloom
Lotsofthebloomingthings800x600_zps578454b4.jpg

Lots of the bloomin' things.
Manywildflowersinthehills800x600_zpscf6bae88.jpg

Many wild flowers in the hills
Softandsilky800x600_zps4cb64b3f.jpg

Soft and silky
Crittersinnaturalhabitat800x600_zpsa0a7a4cc.jpg

Critters in their natural habitat
Offroading800x600_zpse382427a.jpg

Many adventurers would haul one of these outfits hundreds of miles to get to drive it where I have to drive it in the line of duty. :)
Moreofnaturessplendor800x600_zpsb834d7c3.jpg

More of nature's splendor
Thefliesareenjoyingthesummertoo800x600_zps39dd3749.jpg

The flies are also enjoying the nice summer days.

Denny said:
looking good you guys getting enough grass to make a hay crop.

The hay actually looks like it might pile up fairly well this year. There seems to be a lot of brome that is getting tall. We have some mowed down, but the inch of rain last night prevented baling it today. That is fine by me; we needed the rain. :)

A little moisture can sure be a paintbrush to the prairie. :D

Hope you get the right mixture of moisture and haying weather. This country needs some serious drying time and it doesn't look to be in cards yet.

gcreekrch said:
A little moisture can sure be a paintbrush to the prairie. :D

Hope you get the right mixture of moisture and haying weather. This country needs some serious drying time and it doesn't look to be in cards yet.

Let's swap climates for a couple of weeks please. We had our last rain to speak of around the 1st week in may and that was a quarter inch. It's plumb dry here. But it could be worse. And there's folks in way worse shape than us.

Good pics Soap. Cows and range look like they have a fine steward running things. Tell Peach i said great job! :wink: :D

Latest posts