• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

June 23-26, 2013

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Thedoghasafunnyshadow800x600_zpsb7efa7aa.jpg

The dog has a funny shadow.
Yearlingreplacementheifers800x600_zpsbf4953af.jpg

Yearling replacement heifers
Naturalbeauty800x589_zps6c101fa6.jpg

Natural beauty
Ahandywaytogetaround800x600_zps50bf6a81.jpg

A handy way to get around, and no, it's not stuck.
Thecolorfulbunch800x600_zps192831dd.jpg

The colorful bunch
BearCreek800x600_zps008363fc.jpg

Bear Creek
Greengrass800x600_zpsf2153d72.jpg

Green grass
Sparkysnewcooker800x600_zps845ed080.jpg

Sparky's new cooker
Itsplumportable800x600_zpsa7c5a1f6.jpg

It's portable.
Lotsofgadgets600x800_zps7375eca9.jpg

Lots of gadgets
Itburnswood800x600_zps5e7a4163.jpg

It burns wood.
Quiteabitoftime600x800_zpscf0516da.jpg

He spent quite a bit of time
Togetitmadejustright800x600_zps2961a302.jpg

To get it made just right
Kidslovepudmuddles600x800_zps3f8a684f.jpg

Kids love pud muddles.
Sparkyaddingfueltothefire800x600_zpse6cacf0a.jpg

Sparky adding fuel
Tothefire600x800_zps06d4ab3a.jpg

To the fire
Shucks800x600_zpsc07963e9.jpg

Shucks
Interestingstorytellers800x600_zps189081e9.jpg

Interesting story tellers
Sparkysinventionworksverywell600x800_zps0040fe57.jpg

Sparky's invention works very well
Allkindsofgoodeating800x600_zps9509fc55.jpg

All kinds of ways to cook
Justaboutthebestdrink600x800_zpsb9218652.jpg

My favorite drink of the moment

Sparky needs to bring it down here. The cooker is adorned with my brand...well, within 1/4 circle. Had to do a triple take when I first saw it!! NICE!

That Sparky is such a hand, but you hadn't shown us he is also a chef!!! :D
YUMMMMMM. :)

The dog laying at the feet of the 'two old storytellers' looks like he's heard
that particular story...many times...probably too many times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

very nice job on the smoker...round here we use an old tub like washing machine to cook our sweet corn.just have to rig a burner and u have corn on the cob to go with your steaks.the old tub can feed many people with the meat we have in our smokers.happy parties-----balestabber

I am curious about the double tags in the one ear on your heifers. They look to be doing nice. That is an awesome cooker. There are quite a few cook-offs around here and as someone that has built a couple cookers for other people it always amazes me how everyone builds theirs for their idea of doing it best. That cooker is very unique, detailed and looks very sharp. I sure wouldn't turn down a piece of meat off of it. I especially like the tube for the brauts with the beer for flavor I assume. I have never seen the tube like that before. He should deffinently be proud of it.

3 M L & C said:
I am curious about the double tags in the one ear on your heifers. They look to be doing nice. That is an awesome cooker. There are quite a few cook-offs around here and as someone that has built a couple cookers for other people it always amazes me how everyone builds theirs for their idea of doing it best. That cooker is very unique, detailed and looks very sharp. I sure wouldn't turn down a piece of meat off of it. I especially like the tube for the brauts with the beer for flavor I assume. I have never seen the tube like that before. He should deffinently be proud of it.

The heifers spent the winter in a feed yard. The owners wanted all of our heifers tagged with a cheap tag showing just our brand, so if there was a mix-up with other cattle, ours would be easy to sort out.

I wonder if they still have the cookoff contest at the Central States Fair!

Sparky should be able to add another 'ribbon' to his long list of well deserved talents, surely for the best and most unusual design, if the food didn't tempt the judges enough.

Sure enjoy the pictures. Did the yucca go crazy with blooms down there?
There were acres of them in this area.....anyplace there weren't cows seemed to be full of them. Pretty well past their prime, but still interesting. The south slopes of hillsides seem to be the prime locations for yucca.

Thanks for making the effort to post them on ranchers.net. I'm another one hoping there is a way to make pposting p simpler for this site, and those of us who still are a LITTLE challenged with internet 'machinery'.

mrj

farmboy said:
Is that store bought meat on that cooker :oops:

These cuts of meat were on sale at our local locker, where we get all our meat. Normally we take them dry cows and trade for fat young beef. This "barter" system works well. We get good tasting meat, and don't have the hassle of feeding out our own beef. I have always disliked "chores" such as feeding livestock at a certain time, milking cows, etc. The folks who run the local locker are fine people to do business with, and our relationship has gone on through at least two generations.

Latest posts