• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just a few pictures from the desert

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Been gathering the tailenders off the mountain. Been hauling water to my little bunch. Been working on a project for buckles at the wrestling tournament out little school puts on in January. Been busy. Here's a few snapshots- My cows are on fall pasture and doing good. Great to have mountain snow behind them
3447B641-C652-466E-B3BA-31001538F3C3.jpeg

CC5CDE52-AAB8-4E15-8F89-73995655D4A7.jpeg

8F5AC577-A26F-483E-8A45-43E9E52039B2.jpeg

Grass is just mostly crested wheat grass but enough green they are doing good.
922A16B3-5A12-4BE8-9D88-DBFFB942321E.jpeg

A48C1A58-EB57-450C-8CFC-2015FE518EE6.jpeg

The wrestling tournament usually just gives medals for weight class winners and a certificate for two outstanding wrestlers in upper and lower weights for the boys. This year there is also a girls competition. So we are sponsoring buckles for all theee outstanding wrestlers as voted on by all coaches present. This is the proof of the buckle we've designed. Kids are excited about a new tradition. And these little rural schools and the kids who attend them still think stuff like this is awesome.
DF7D1B92-13D9-49D8-A0CA-54EC8EC31590.png

And finally, a couple sunset pics. Hope y'all are happy and healthy and ready for winter. Thanks for putting up with me all these years.
E76BA5CF-CF19-4120-A54E-2A6438E6B246.jpeg

A379C7B3-2EC9-4EEC-BD7A-EE501AB663C8.jpeg

I go to a rodeo these days and every kid there is wearing a fancy belt buckle. They get better buckles for mutton bustin than I got riding bareback broncs. I was talking to B one time and he said that his daughter won her last buckle at a livestock judging contest at a county fair. I won the FFA livestock judging at the PI (Portland International) which 50 years ago was as big the Cow Palace, Denver, etc. I got a stinking 6 inch tall trophy which got tossed away some years later.

Mr.FH still wears his team roping buckles won in many years past.
Buckles are a good idea, 'H and I really like what you have come up with, design, etc.
Thanks for the pictures. We had a lot of crested wheat grass in SE Montana and it can get
pretty !worthless, but when there is green coming up, I think it is as good as feeding
grain. I've seen calves really blossom on it. Glad you have some green in yours!!
Love the picture of your overhead entry and the one of your flag. It looks really proud.

our old County Fair went to buckles in 4-H and FFA for a few years on the livestock from Chickens to Steers . My kids have a few I got one for Adult Sheep showmanship

The man I traveled with who was a world champion had a wagon wheel made into a coffee table. Glass on top. Black felt under the spooks. Buckles between the spooks. On top of the hub was a bronze of a man on a bucking bull which was a trophy he won (Todd Whatley Trophy maybe?).

Pretty cool H, keep the photos coming. Have a couple buckles left from my roping days. We sponsored buckles for a cattle penning at a friends place this summer. They came fancy! Will see if I can come up with a photo. Managed to find four pair from the air on Thursday and get them home yesterday.
DB21BCD3-AA01-4F25-9FC6-A3FB4A92C0EA.jpeg
D4F3118F-AA8F-4388-BA07-BB1DE6E299F5.jpeg

Latest posts