• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"just a number"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
"Yesterday we had a moment of silence in the Senate because we thought it was a solemn occasion when our 2,500th soldier was killed in Iraq. We held a moment of silence. When the White House's press secretary was asked to step forward, the President's Press Secretary Tony Snow, they asked him about 2,500, he said "It's just a number." Just a number? I mean, that is outrageous. I went to Memorial Day services in Boulder City, our veterans' facility. I went and visited the grave of John Lukac with his mom and his dad. He'd been killed in Iraq. He was 19 years old. He's just a number? In Nevada we've lost 39. We've lost 2,500 nationwide, and we've had about 20,000 wounded, half of them permanently wounded. Just numbers? I don't think so."

---Democratic Minority Leader Harry Reid

Hey dis, I see where your liberal , baby killing, tree hugging , democrats took a thrashing yesterday on the vote on Iraq. Nice to see even several dems break ranks with the idiots who think we should pull out ,and vote republican.

dis, invent a way to wage war so nobody dies or just shut your yap and support the troops. the families losing loved one do not need a-holes like you belittling the loss.

Libs are disappointed because they won't have the opportunity to spit on the fallen soldiers. Don't worry Dishonorable, there's plenty soldiers left for you guys to spit on.

Red Robin said:
Hey dis, I see where your liberal , baby killing, tree hugging , democrats took a thrashing yesterday on the vote on Iraq. Nice to see even several dems break ranks with the idiots who think we should pull out ,and vote republican.

I'd say it's an opinion on whether they lost yesterday or not. No one expected the Republican dominated Congress to vote to pull our troops out of Iraq. But at least we know where everyone stands. Yes, if you want to continue to see Americans and Iraqis die because of Bush's personal whims, if you want to see the Federal deficit continue to grow, if you want to see our borders remain open, if you want to continue to spend a Billion$$ a week in Iraq while North Korea tests a missile that can put a nuke on our west coast, by all means, vote Republican.

Faster horses said:
I think you took what Tony Snow said WAY out of context, Dis.
But then, I'm not suprised. You'll take a cheap shot any chance you
get.

ROTFLMAO! Tony Snow said that in a public forum. I didn't see you complaining when one of your pals tried to use a WWII hero to pretend John Thune was a hero. You apparently felt that was ok.

BTW, have you noticed President Bushes approval rating is on the rise?

Just thought I'd mention it.

He did get bump out of his trip to Iraq. I hope the Republican National Committee paid for it and not the taxpayers. It remains to be seen how long it will last. Historically, when a president falls below 40, they just don't get back to 45-50% approval. Bush is definitely on the offensive to try to improve his image, the trip to Iraq, saying he wanted to close GitMo, sending troops to the Mexican border. Will it work? It probably will for someone like you who doesn't care about facts, just has faith.

jigs said:
dis, invent a way to wage war so nobody dies or just shut your yap and support the troops. the families losing loved one do not need a-holes like you belittling the loss.

You'd like to pretend there's a reason for this war, but the facts are out there: There were no WMDs. And that was Bush's excuse for this war. 2501 young Americans (and they're looking for two more this morning) are dead because George W. Bush wanted Saddam. They're dead because he didn't listen to professional soldiers who told him to send more troops. I do support the troops; you're to one supporting our lying, misleading President. You're the one saying it was ok to send them to war unnecessarily, undermanned, without body armor or heavy armored vehicles. Not me. I say put the blame for this fiasco where it belongs, on the shoulders of George W. Bush.

Disagreeable said:
jigs said:

You'd like to pretend there's a reason for this war, but the facts are out there: There were no WMDs. And that was Bush's excuse for this war. 2501 young Americans (and they're looking for two more this morning) are dead because George W. Bush wanted Saddam. They're dead because he didn't listen to professional soldiers who told him to send more troops. I do support the troops; you're to one supporting our lying, misleading President. You're the one saying it was ok to send them to war unnecessarily, undermanned, without body armor or heavy armored vehicles. Not me. I say put the blame for this fiasco where it belongs, on the shoulders of George W. Bush.

I am also the one saying send YOU over there with an "I hate Allah" t-shirt , and see how long you last

The sad thing is ..................ole dis is seems to be celebrating the number in her posts and reactions. Poor poor pitiful dis

passin thru said:
The sad thing is ..................ole dis is seems to be celebrating the number in her posts and reactions. Poor poor pitiful dis

I've noticed this also. Every "milestone" death puts a spring in Disagreeable's step. "Pitiful" really is the right word to use.

Faster horses said:
I suppose Dis is to be pitied and not scorned...but it is so hard to do...

:lol: Don't put yourself out and pity me. :D I'm mainstream. More Americans today agree with me on Iraq than agree with you. You are the minority. How does it feel?

mp.freelance said:
passin thru said:

I've noticed this also. Every "milestone" death puts a spring in Disagreeable's step. "Pitiful" really is the right word to use.

You would ignore the thousands of dead Americans and Iraqis if I didn't bring it up. I'm not celebrating, I'm mourning, but I won't do it in silence. Americans need to be reminded that this war is ongoing, expensive, and deadly, just for starters. So go ahead and petend all is well, I'll do my best to stay here and keep pointing out we're not "winning" this war. If we listened to George Bush, we've "turned" so many corners that we're right back where we started when we invaded the country. For sure, the Taliban is making a comeback in Afghanistan. Remember Afghanistan? You know, the country where 9/11 was plotted and launched? The country where Osama Bin Ladin is hiding?

Latest posts