• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just a thought

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp

Reaction score
Yesterday as I was feeding some of our dwindling pile of hay ( Come on green grass ). All I heard about on the radio was this Cinco de Mayo and how it should be a national day of partying.( I don't even like Mayo ).

Did we remember it was also the National Day of Prayer?

We who live in the country are so fortunate to be here and have a place of haven( I'm thinking about you Old timer and Manitoba-Rancher) and a place to go to be one on one with the Head CowBoss of our lives.

It's been a week of terrible trials for some of you Folks, remember you don't need to walk the road alone. Right now it's probably pretty hard to feel blessed and I understand but .... It's your kind that make this occupation what it is.

Can you imagine there are people who go their whole lives and never seen a calf being born? Or have never had the sun come up and catch them already ahorse back?

You are so right. Kind'a hard to count your blessings when all you see around you are tradgadies, but I think that's what you have to do.
Cinco de Mayo? What about Seis de Mayo? Or Siete de Mayo?

Do those who celebrate Cinco de Mayo, also celebrate 4th of July?

The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16.

Lead by Mexican General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin, a small, poorly armed militia estimated at 4,500 men were able to stop and defeat a well outfitted French army of 6,500 soldiers, which stopped the invasion of the country.

So bascially, Mexico won a war and made a holiday out of it!

I think all countries have a holiday from when they defeated the French!!

HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

I agree Saddletramp-- The day of our tragedy up here our old momma dog had pups- helped to take minds off things--Brought tears to my eyes to watch my 4 year old grandson sit there petting her and watch the babies come while the old dog licked his face in between licking puppies--Pure innocent ever forgiving Love..............

Latest posts