• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just another day on the Soapweed Outfit

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
EarsPeachBlossomandSaddletramp.jpg

Peach Blossom and Saddletramp

PeachBlossomandSoapweed.jpg

Peach Blossom and Soapweed

Soapweedsortingoutacow.jpg

Soapweed sorting out a cow

PeachBlossomridesaheadtogetthegate.jpg

Peach Blossom rides ahead to get the gate

ThePeachBlossomSpecial.jpg

The Peach Blossom Special

SmokeyandGooseLake.jpg

Smokey and Goose Lake

CruisinonLakeShoreDrive.jpg

Cruisin' on Lake Shore Drive

Getalonglittledoggies.jpg

Get along little doggies

Throughthegate.jpg

Through the gate

SaddletramponBear.jpg

Saddletramp on Bear

TheKosmoKiddarnedgoodhelp.jpg

The Kosmo Kid, darned good help

Bootsbridleandbowlegs.jpg

Boots, bridle and bowlegs

Yup,soap you got it going on boy,what a way ta make a livin,working with family and friends,aint nuthin like it,.......thanks for sharing your day...........good luck

PS I like peach blossom;s hat too,sure looks good on her :wink:

I think SHE looks good under the hat!!!

Hey, Soap, I found that if you scroll down real fast, it is like you have a motion picture. NEAT!!! :wink:

Nice pictures, no foolin'. And the grays roached mane is getting grown out. He'll be worth $500 more with a long mane!!! :lol:

pics look good Soapweed!! What was the temp there today? It has been a cool few days around here for calving. Weve had two sets of twins in the last two days and 8 other single babies. The barn is full of new babies and momas but weve got to make sure the calves are well dried off before we can put them outside. It was -37C with the windchill last nite and this morning. I was outside every hour last nite making sure I was staying ahead on the newborns and getting them and there momas to the heated barn.

Right at the moment, 2:50 a.m. MST, it is 36 degrees above zero, but it got up to 65 at noon (yesterday). Our night calver worked until midnight, and then "went to bed early" so he can go to town for awhile today. He needs to go to the bank to deposit his paycheck, go buy some groceries and do his laundry, and just plain see what the world looks like in the daylight.

There are several new babies that have come along since we corralled the cows at sundown. Only one pair is in the barn, and we pulled a backwards calf out of her right after noon yesterday. I just peeked in on them, and the calf is up and doing good. There are two cows calving that I am waiting on before going back to bed for awhile.

Soapweed-thanks again for the day in progress. Hope you can catch a few winks before chores!It is 35 here at 4a.m. and got too warm yesterday and is today and then be more normal for here in the 50s. Got a couple heifers left and a cow that had to be stitched before calving and she is really close so went to check on her other wise I could have slept in til 5 or so. Well, hope you day goes smooth!

Soap, I see you have not lost your touch with the cameras. You are very good at taking these photos. Peach Blossom and Saddletramp are probably so photogenic, they they make YOU look good. :wink: :D

I too like Peach's hat. She looks darn capable, and I am sure she is.

Good luck calving.

Soapweed you sure know how to make good pictures. I was curious what camera you are using and how many megapixles it is ?? How much zoom does it have ??

The quality of these cameras now is amazing and you can just stick them in your pocket. The uses for them is unlimited. I've e.mailed pictures to my vet for his opinion before loading up a calf and hauling them to him.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
pics look good Soapweed!! What was the temp there today? It has been a cool few days around here for calving. Weve had two sets of twins in the last two days and 8 other single babies. The barn is full of new babies and momas but weve got to make sure the calves are well dried off before we can put them outside. It was -37C with the windchill last nite and this morning. I was outside every hour last nite making sure I was staying ahead on the newborns and getting them and there momas to the heated barn.

Curiousity compels me to ask, and I ain't looking for a fight, or disagreeing with your methods, but if your temps are like that normally, why don't you calve when it is warmer. Or are these temps unusual? Just wondering. :???:

efb said:
Soapweed you sure know how to make good pictures. I was curious what camera you are using and how many megapixles it is ?? How much zoom does it have ??

The quality of these cameras now is amazing and you can just stick them in your pocket. The uses for them is unlimited. I've e.mailed pictures to my vet for his opinion before loading up a calf and hauling them to him.

The camera is a pocket-sized Sony Cyber-shot. It measures 3 and a half inches by 2 and 3/8 inches by 3/8 inches. It has 5.1 megapixels and a three-power zoom. It is a pretty handy size, and easy to pack along in a shirt pocket.

Soap,

I notice Peach is always got a smile of some kind. People that enjoy wht they do often look better. Also, take some credit, you seem to have learned a thing or two about keeping those around you in good spirits and they are all fine looking people. A lucky bunch indeed,

PPRM

I don't think you can ask that question without making people mad JB.I heard afellow complaining the otherday about the cold so Iasked him who turned the bulls out?I was reminded again why it's best to never pass up a chance to keep your mouth shut.

smalltime said:
I don't think you can ask that question without making people mad JB.I heard afellow complaining the otherday about the cold so Iasked him who turned the bulls out?I was reminded again why it's best to never pass up a chance to keep your mouth shut.

:lol:

I said I wasn't arguing, just tryin' to learn something.

The feller I run yearlings for. calves in mud lots and complains about the mud, but he can't practically calve earlier and say's he's too busy to calve later. He sure must want to calve real bad, so I sure don't care how he does it, just always wonder why people complicate their lives, or even see it that way, if they don't have too. But I bet you are right smalltime. I should not have passed up the opurtunity to keep my mouth shut! :lol:

Do you have much of a problem with that? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure do JB.Do you know how to tell if smalltime is insulting someone?

Latest posts