• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just checkin' in and a few pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I have missed you knotheads. :D Hope ya don't mind if I swing by and say hello. Fall has been hectic but the grass has been strong and the calves look pretty good. Wife and kids are well. Between the hunts and fall gather we have kept busy but that is good. Thought I'd share a few pictures of our adventures. We spent a week hunting deer in our old haunts in S.E. Utah. Littlest H aint very little these days. We were sitting in a meadow watching for a good buck we'd seen on this evening.

Ya cant go hunting deer without a can or 2 of sausages in your pack.

We found a really old tree stand overlooking a notch in a canyon wall where deer and elk trail into the bottom for water. Littlest H gave it a look over and declared it habitable.

Mrs. H in her camo as we made a loop chasing deer. We struck out this year on bucks but we sure had fun anyway.

Its hard to beat the scenery in the mountains this time of year.

Even the bottom of a canyon was pretty.

Little H started middle school this fall. She is taller than her Grandma. We had our entire bunch down there and it was priceless. She hunts as good as her grandma too. Took her first doe here in the fields a few nights ago. Glad she looks like her momma! :D

2 varmints I happen to like quite a bit.

Grandmother and grandson. Peas in a pod :D

That country is full of rimrock and ledges. Lots of indian ruins and even a few caves. It makes for lots of fun checking out the country.

My bunch posing by a tree with a hitch in it's get-a-long.

A shot of a canyon called Hell's Hole. I think about every mountain range out west has a hells hole. This one Is aptly named. Shot a buck there one year and it was a 7 hour pack out.

Johnson Creek drainage looking toward Arizona.

Looking west at the Bears Ears on Elk Mountain. Its a long days ride from here to there even with all the technology we have today. It weren't very long ago it was a weeks ride a horseback with all the detours needed to miss the ledges and sheer canyons.

Don't know what that beautiful young lady sees in that homely bugger next to her? But sure glad I got her committed before her vision improved. :D

We gathered the cows and calves to precondition yesterday. It's been a wet summer and fall but its dried out some here lately. I love the west desert.

Gathering the old field at the homestead to corral the bunch prior to vaccinating.

The ol' oak brush was all dressed up in its best gown.

Headed down the canyon for the working corrals.

Hard at it. But it's a family affair and we had lots of good help.

Chance and Adam pushed calves into the alley all day. They had the tough job and did it just dandy.

We gave a nasal shot and 2 sub-q shots plus pour on. They will stay with their mothers til next Saturday and then we will wean them and ship them to Delta.

Everybody had a job. Even if it was superintendent of stick holding. :D

My Dad and my Daughter. Dad was the adult supervision for the project and little H gave a shot. I was the "soapweed" on the crew and took pictures. (kidding Soap)

The future of P/M livestock looks bright. JD is the new kid on the block and cuter than a bugs ear! Hope you all are well. May calves keep selling at the amazing prices they have been. Hope ya don't mind if I swing by now and then when I have a minute. Be Blessed in all you do. Have a fine evening!

Welcome back, Leanin' H. It is nice to see pictures as proof that you and your family are all doing well. Stay with us for good this time. Sure, any of us can get sidetracked with other "ventures," :wink: but that doesn't mean anyone should stay away indefinitely. Today is the sixth anniversary of our daughter kicking the cult habit she was in for four years. We are very delighted that she is back, also, even though she is in England going to school now. At least, we have communication with her now, which was not a possibility for those four years.

Keep posting pictures. It is always interesting to see how cattle are raised in different parts of the country.

You and I have something in common we both have wives with poor eye sight. Hang onto those kids our youngest is 15 now oldest is 26 and I can remember the days they were born like it was yeaterday. Did you get any deer?

Better get your turkey tag were getting over loaded with them.

Sure missed ya on here 'H, glad to have you back. Keep posting the pics of your wonderful country and family!

Glad you let us know the happenings H. If that ol' buck actually saw you, you could have uglied him yo death :D

By the way, with looks like that.......... them kids can't be yours. :wink:

Ball is in your court old friend. :)

Ya'll ust be pretty starved for entertainment around here! :D Thanks for the encouraging words. I may be ugly but i am dang handsome if you were to compare myself to a couple Canadians i know! :lol: :lol: But then again, that aint saying much! :wink:

Gcreek, They may not look like me but they act enough like me to make me nervous about the teenage years! :D

Thanks for putting up with me. Ya'll are good friends and i have missed your razzing and jokes. I will try to not be a stranger as time allows.

Great pics, thanks for coming back :D Do you the nasal chutes in the alleyway? Glad you got rain, feel free to share if you get anymore.

Nicky said:
Great pics, thanks for coming back :D Do you the nasal chutes in the alleyway? Glad you got rain, feel free to share if you get anymore.

We do give the nasal vaccine in the alley. It holds 4 big calves at a time or 5 little ones. Works pretty good. Did have to mug 6 or 8 that wouldn't hold their heads still. Good thing I outweigh them as we don't have a headcatch on that set up. May rain tonight and i'll send the leftovers north west. :wink:

You know H may have struck out on the good looks but he is sure hitting home runs on everything else... A lovely wife and kids, and God's beautiful country to work and play in. Truly blessings to be thankful for!

Welcome back H. :wave:

Latest posts