• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

just forfor sh*ts and giggles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nonothing

Reaction score
Ok ,i know you folks have your own ideas of what is needed theses days........so without bringing up obama or bush,If you were pres starting today,what would your top 5 changes be?Who would be your VP?How would the world see your nation after your first term in office??

this is not about bush or Obama .it is what you would do to right the ship...

1) Make the reindustrialization of the US a priority
2) Get out of the UN
3) Create an energy policy that recognizes our dependence on oil and undeveloped green technology. Build more refineries (not on the coasts) and use our own oil until the technology catches up.
4) Cut spending and work on the debt.
5) Deport Maobama back to Kenya and send Pelosi and Reid with him.

Sandhusker said:
2) Get out of the UN
3) Create an energy policy that recognizes our dependence on oil and undeveloped green technology. Build more refineries (not on the coasts) and use our own oil until the technology catches up.

Sandhusker- I can go along with your first 3 -- would change 4 and subsitute a 5..

1) Make the reindustrialization of the US a priority (emphasizing small business)
2) Get out of the UN
4)Cut spending- let the tax cuts on over $250,000 folks expire- and work on the debt.
5)Pass legislation outlawing or greatly restricting lobbying dollars spent/received- and get Congress and the government back into the hands of the people and out of the hands of the multinational corporations and special interest groups that now run it....

For a VP, I would pick Lou Dobbs....

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
2) Get out of the UN

Sandhusker- I can go along with your first 3 -- would change 4 and subsitute a 5..

1) Make the reindustrialization of the US a priority (emphasizing small business)
2) Get out of the UN
4)Cut spending- let the tax cuts on over $250,000 folks expire- and work on the debt.
5)Pass legislation outlawing or greatly restricting lobbying dollars spent/received- and get Congress and the government back into the hands of the people and out of the hands of the multinational corporations and special interest groups that now run it....

You'd pick a "birther" for VP :???:

first,.. a stimulus / tarp recovery act... recover every dime we legally can and actually spend it on fixing every existing bridge, road and infrastructure project in this country.

move UN to Haiti, send Hillery to run it, send Obama on an African "peace" mission,.. nominate Reid and Pilosi to a cabinet level position.. (then fire them all a week later).. :twisted:

cut spending! use a BRAC style commission, if the project/program does not serve it's intended goal or it is ineffective.. it is gone..

term limits.. and put all elected government officials on SS
also set up a US plan similar to FERs for every citizen, with 10% going into the plan.. if a person elects to opt out, or save less, then they are on thier own.. ,.. they can also draw it out for welfare, emergencies, and retirement to supplement SS upon retirement. or borrow against it for a home,.. but it is theirs to manage.. (their lifeline and safety net)

drastically cut teen and long-term welfare recipients,.., move SSI and non-work disability to the welfare department, (move foodstamps to welfare department), then build up unemployment and other "work based" programs). slowly eliminating welfare over time..

then I'll tackle the mid east problem in the second week..

energy would need to be addressed.. but at the state level.. let them optimize their resources, and use the money to fund their budgets..

as for VP,.. not sure if I need one.. Romney seems capable.
but Gingrich and Dick Morris would be my political advisers..

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
2) Get out of the UN

2) Get out of the UN

Lou would be a great replacement for DC Bob.. :wink:

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
2) Get out of the UN

2) Get out of the UN

You'd have a "birther" that employs illegals as VP?

The liberal Nation magazine, in a yearlong investigation conducted with the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, found that "Dobbs has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter, Hillary, a champion show jumper."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/report-lou-dobbs-employed-undocumented-immigrants

You'd think someone that was so against illegal aliens working in the US would have done some background checks or something.

I agree with OT's and Sands list except I would extend the tax cuts and completely get rid of the death tax.

as for VP I would pick OT just so we could argue. :wink: :lol:

1. Pull out of the Middle East in (quicker) stages
2. Move American corperations out of other countries and back into the US
3. Get rid of the $250,000 and up tax cuts
4. Pour funding into green technologies research
5. Exile Glenn Beck to Mars.

For a VP, I'd have to say John McCain for a couple reasons: I'd need a conservative opinion, and we could smoke cigarettes together.

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
2) Get out of the UN

2) Get out of the UN

You do realize that Lou Dobbs wants Obama to show he Long Form Birth Certificate don't you Oldtimer? :wink:

hypocritexposer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

2) Get out of the UN

You'd have a "birther" that employs illegals as VP?

The liberal Nation magazine, in a yearlong investigation conducted with the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, found that "Dobbs has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter, Hillary, a champion show jumper."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/report-lou-dobbs-employed-undocumented-immigrants

You'd think someone that was so against illegal aliens working in the US would have done some background checks or something.

My guess is the vetting program in Oldtimer's Administration would rate right up there with Obama's :wink:

1) Refuse to sign anything coming out of Congress with earmarks and pork projects attached.
2) Develop a budget that drastically cuts spending. There are billions in waste in frivolous funding of wacky research projects plus obsolete programs and redundant programs. Do we really still need the REA??
3) Put together a "dream team" of finance whizzes to study Social Security and figure out how to fund it into the long term future.
4) Work on securing the borders and expand deportation and enforcement action against illegals caught in country.
5) Scrutinize the current tax code and make changes to equalize the advantage that big business has over small business.
6) Revamp trade policies - our policy toward their stuff coming into our country is only as good as their policy for our stuff going into their country.
7) Reduce the debt as much and as fast as possible. One possible way to raise money without taxes is to look at selling off some federally owned land.

VP - hows about Ron Paul??

1. Term limits
2. Line Item Veto
3. Cut all Federal Budgets and wages by 10%
4. Get rid of Government Pensions and replace with 401K plan and match up to 5% put in by Government employee
5. Secure the border

Latest posts