• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just got my check

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I sold a few cull cows at the Fredericksburg sale today,run was light compared to what it has been drought has got the county pretty well void of cattle,12 weight culls @ $52cwt,not all bad...............good luck

Yeah, it's pretty good when you can get over $600 bucks for a cull cow. That same money might buy some good young pairs in a couple of years---or sooner.

That's what I was thinking,especially if we get outa this dry pattern,this darn drought has taken all the fun outa it,but we did manage to get wet yesterday,got about an inch and a half,along with a lil cooler temp its got everyone around here in a better mood and thinking of scratchin some oats :wink: ..................good luck

You would be lucky to get half that price up here in the Great White North. Of course all our cows are Maaaad.

That's sure good news on the rain, HAY MAKER. I got really lucky and got a couple of decent rains last month. It's amazing what a good rain will do for a cattleman's attitude.

Sandy said:
You would be lucky to get half that price up here in the Great White North. Of course all our cows are Maaaad.

Maybe you should work on your export market instead of relying on the good ole U.S.of A for your only avenue.Don't blame us were not the only one's not buying them.

Denny; As you may well know NO OTM beef goes into your country from Canada; as for export markets our entire industry has been working on reopening markets ever since BSE hit and WE DO EXPORT beef to over 60 countries! As for the US market it is a traditional, easily accessed market (that can't supply enough product to supply it's own consumers),that provides a good return for a quality product that is in demand and meets all the recquirement's demanded by your consumers! You don't hear us whining about all the US ag products (including beef to eastern Canada) that we import daily from your country! Last year I believe we imported $11 billion worth of agriculture produce from your country!

cowsense said:
Denny; As you may well know NO OTM beef goes into your country from Canada; as for export markets our entire industry has been working on reopening markets ever since BSE hit and WE DO EXPORT beef to over 60 countries! As for the US market it is a traditional, easily accessed market (that can't supply enough product to supply it's own consumers),that provides a good return for a quality product that is in demand and meets all the recquirement's demanded by your consumers! You don't hear us whining about all the US ag products (including beef to eastern Canada) that we import daily from your country! Last year I believe we imported $11 billion worth of agriculture produce from your country!

And how much did you export to our country?

3 weeks ago I was on I-94 from Minneapolis Mn to Clearwater about 70 miles I got passed by 4 empty pots from Canada maybe your importing some of your own beef back after it's processed here.

Denny;It's quite possible that our own beef may come back north as processed product :lol: :lol: . I may need to check this out further but I believe the 11 billion is the level of the trade surplus that the US has over us in Ag trade.

cowsense said:
Denny;It's quite possible that our own beef may come back north as processed product :lol: :lol: . I may need to check this out further but I believe the 11 billion is the level of the trade surplus that the US has over us in Ag trade.

I have no problem with canadian beef or trade for that matter.I just get tired of getting blamed for your misfortune as in all trade deals it's a little bigger than you and me.I know for a fact that our grocery store in town sells canadian beef I have seen the empty boxes with(Product of Canada) on them and it tasted just fine and as you can see I did'nt die from it.This store sells the best tasteing beef in the area Maybe it's barley fed who knows but its good.

Well if it's the best tasting beef it must be Canadian! I don't blame you for anything Denny. Should be thanking you really. If it wasn't for all those pots hauling fat cattle south our cull cow price would be much worse. Our plants up here are short of fats to kill now so they are buying cows to make up the numbers.

Sandy said:
Well if it's the best tasting beef it must be Canadian! I don't blame you for anything Denny. Should be thanking you really. If it wasn't for all those pots hauling fat cattle south our cull cow price would be much worse. Our plants up here are short of fats to kill now so they are buying cows to make up the numbers.

I just hope we all can make a living raiseing cattle weather we are Ranchers,Farmers or Feeder's North or South of the Border.

Latest posts