• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just In

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
V¬ just got this and I'm posting it for her:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALRIGHT EVERYONE, lets do this!!!!!! We need those of you who are great at forwarding information to your e-mail network. Please read and pass this on. It would be wonderful if 2005 were the year a cure for breast cancer were found!!!! This is one e-mail you should be glad to pass on. The notion that we could raise $35 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful!
As you may be aware, the US Postal Service recently released its new "Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland. It is important that we take a stand against this disease that affects so many of our mothers, sisters and friends. Instead of the routine 37 cents for a stamp, this one cost 40 cents. The additional 3 cents will go to breast cancer research. A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $8.00. It takes a few minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital research.
Just as important as the money is our support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this week. What a statement it would make that we care. I would urge you to do two things TODAY:

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.
2. E-mail your friends to do the same. We all know women and their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer. It takes ! so littl e to do so much in this drive. I think we can all afford the additional 60 cents the new book costs.
Please help & pass this on
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This first then I'll head for the P.O. :!:

I just did a "Google" and here's what I found

http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1555262

A million thanks, Old dog/new tricks!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Our little 9 bed hospital is already planning on a community outreach program for October, which is breast cancer/testicular cancer awareness month!!! It is sooooo important for EVERYONE to realize that breast and testicular cancers are NOT something "only old people get"!!!! My first experience with testicular cancer was a 17 year old boy...an only child of a single mother....who would not live to see his high school graduation...or his 18th birthday!!! Never have i cried to hard as i left work that night!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
PLEASE!!!!! I ask all of you out there is support these causes and to educate yourselves and your loved ones on the importance of self exams and communication!!! It's not too late to learn and you are NEVER to young to start!!!

Latest posts