• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just Learning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

m5farm

Reaction score
We are just learning the lay of the land. we are Not trying to cause problems but You will come to appreciate The honesty of this bunch.

I don't have a problem playing by the rules. Just need to know what they are. Its the moderators call, that's fine by me.

Boy that was quick. I went to the pistol range and did some shooting today. I dumped 14 out of 15 of rapid fire in a head at 30' and got whistled, didn't know you weren't allowed to shoot rapid fire. I also learned my little LCP 380 pocket pistol is a handful shooting +p loads.

I think y'all will get along fine here, although that would not be a standard greeting. We may run a few more or not, we just talk about how to deal with haying when it rains, or how to keep water open 5 or more months per year. A cattle habit knows no bounds, logically or geographically.

Haytrucker said:
I think y'all will get along fine here, although that would not be a standard greeting. We may run a few more or not, we just talk about how to deal with haying when it rains, or how to keep water open 5 or more months per year. A cattle habit knows no bounds, logically or geographically.

Thanks,

Just need to get more folks active and Talking. Sharing of ideas is what keeps people interested

I need to cut hay, when are we going to have 4 dry days in a row? I want to learn how to predict the weather.

highgrit said:
I need to cut hay, when are we going to have 4 dry days in a row? I want to learn how to predict the weather.
You and me both, we are in better shape than most tho. Some have not got first cut yet.

m5farm said:
highgrit said:
You and me both, we are in better shape than most tho. Some have not got first cut yet.

My back field of pearl millet and crab grass is roof high in some places. And I don't know what to do with it, hopefully the cows will eat it or stomp it down. It's been 2 months since the cows were on it and has to be rank.

lavacarancher said:
highgrit said:

I can predict it. Just lay the hay down and it will rain!

Actually, its a blessing to have something to lay down. I remember a few years back that it got so dry cactus died.

Latest posts