• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just pure bad luck!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Yesterday we were in the city which is about 40 mins away we got a call that a grass fire had gotten into our bale stacks. We made a fast trip back home but the damage was already done. We lost around 500 big round bales of hay that we had bought, 150 round bales of straw and a shed that was full of small squares. Two of our good neighbors managed to save around 35 bales of hay, and a few bales of straw. Fire department came and it was tough for them to get the fire under control so they brought in a Track Hoe to root the stacks apart. We were over there til around 4 am this morning so I m not feeling too great today.
Seems our run of bad luck just wont end!

I too am so sorry to hear about the fire,,,especially a precious commodity like hay, hopefully this spring and summer will give you more good hay...hang in there... :wink:

Dang, that's a kick in the shorts, sorry to hear about your luck. Any idea what was the cause of the grass fire? Not that it would be any consolation I suppose.
Sure hope things turn around for you.

Latest posts