• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just Ramblings.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Gomez

Reaction score
Just made a recent observation about the cattle business. I never fully appreciated (or understood) the differences in how cows are worked and operations are managed until recently. I kinda put all operations in one pot never appreciating that some operations do the same thing and learn the same thing for 25 years and others learn one different thing each year for 25 years or better yet for several generations. When a 4th generation ranch that is committed to life long learning of their craft is sold or shut down not only is the herd development program lost but the management skills are too. Here is to all that involved in the business and especially to those that learn something new every day! I know some lessons I learn and some I get taught - both are effective - one just stings a little longer.

That is a pretty profound and accurate comment and it seems not many people understand that really is how the real 'cowy' cattle ranchers learn and manage their businesses.

mrj

Latest posts