• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

K-LINE IRRIGATION

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TWOROPES said:
We are considering k-line to water a 40 acre river bottom pasture,-hay field anybody have experience with it?

I went and looked at a K-Line system in operation before I bought my traveling reel.

Bought the reel and never looked back.

I am interested in irrigation equipment for pasture on a small scale. Maybe 5 to 20 acres. I would like to know more about traveling guns (initial cost and cost of operation).

turnbull said:
I am interested in irrigation equipment for pasture on a small scale. Maybe 5 to 20 acres. I would like to know more about traveling guns (initial cost and cost of operation).

http://www.kifco.com/

Mike said:
TWOROPES said:
We are considering k-line to water a 40 acre river bottom pasture,-hay field anybody have experience with it?

I went and looked at a K-Line system in operation before I bought my traveling reel.

What sold you on the reel over the K-line? Not having to move it every set? Just curious

TWOROPES said:
Mike said:
TWOROPES said:

What sold you on the reel over the K-line? Not having to move it every set? Just curious

Yea, the ease of movement. I hook my mule to it and go.

I used to irrigate a 2 acre garden with with the type hose used in a K-line system and it was a pain.

The reel does take more water pressure, and more than my well can produce, so I have to use a tractor driven pump...

So I know it's more expensive to operate, but so is my time...............

I took a look at the gun website and would like approximate figures as to how much such a system costs, how large an area it can cover and how much water it requires.

Latest posts