• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kansas bound

Help Support Ranchers.net:

strawking

Reaction score
Heading to Kansas to pick up the new silencer tomorrow. Well we're actually heading out at midnight. I guess they won't load out after 2 pm, and we have a pickup to look at in Ogallala on the way back. I really like seeing new country which hwy would be best to drive back on?

You might consider 183 south of hays down to lacrosse then take 4 east over to Lorraine. Go through a lot of post rock country. Really though, if you've seen one limestone post, you've seen enough of them.

Oh yeah, always seems to be plenty of troopers around great bend and hoisington. Generally a good bunch of guys, but a little starchy if you don't watch your speed.

A little difficult to see new country from midnight to 4 am.

I prefer the drive on I 70 to Goodland......north to St Francis and then West to Wray and North again.

Of course......that won't get you close to Ogallalla

You got great weather coming up for the trip. Enjoy!

the limestone posts are neat...kinda tough to drive a fence staple into them though......

The trip was a good, quick time. The chute looks awesome and we are anxious to put it to work. We went south on 183, didn't see much without yard lights until well into Kansas. Came back west and north to 83. There is sure a difference in country with and with out irrigation. The pickup seemed alright, so I brought it home also. A few extra inches of ground clearance may be handy. We sure can't complain, but right here is the wettest country we saw by far. Cows are still digging through some snow in the stalks here.

Haytrucker said:
The trip was a good, quick time. The chute looks awesome and we are anxious to put it to work. We went south on 183, didn't see much without yard lights until well into Kansas. Came back west and north to 83. There is sure a difference in country with and with out irrigation. The pickup seemed alright, so I brought it home also. A few extra inches of ground clearance may be handy. We sure can't complain, but right here is the wettest country we saw by far. Cows are still digging through some snow in the stalks here.

Am I missing something here? Is Haytrucker and Strawking the same person?
Anyway, glad you had a good trip and everything turned out well.

strawking said:
No I got the chute and haytrucker rode along and got the pickup. We also took along our comedian Dave

Is Dave one of the 10,000 comedians out of work or does he just think he is a comedian? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he's funny better get him posting here. :D :D

Dave could be a millionaire just telling stories about himself, and they're all true. He had a heck of go there for a while, bad car wreck, which eventually got his leg amputated, and a kidney transplant. Just the stories of the things that happened to him in the hospital will make you pee ur pants!!! :lol:

strawking said:
Dave could be a millionaire just telling stories about himself, and they're all true. He had a heck of go there for a while, bad car wreck, which eventually got his leg amputated, and a kidney transplant. Just the stories of the things that happened to him in the hospital will make you pee ur pants!!! :lol:

Sounds like he he has faced adversity and choose to make the most of life with a positive attitude. :D

Up to a point, that is correct. Some days he has just lived through it all. A good time was flashed by us, irregardless. And the driver never dozed off...

Latest posts