• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kansas Prom

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
here is a video of a kid in the neighboring town going to prom.....very unique ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlqhZe_xagE&feature=share

then there was our Prom....
prom3.jpg

this group all pitched in on a limo..... my boy clear to the right, with his date
prom2.jpg

kid I rent some pasture to, took his gal in his dad's semi
prom1.jpg

and the kid who works for us wanted to take my semi, so I let him...as long as he polished it up nice!! did not get time to do the wheels before prom, but it turned out nice...

Mike, there were very strict rules that did not allow the sleeper to be used.....

So high school kids can drive semis in Kansas? How old do you have to be? Guess I'm uneducated in that department.

not over the road.... if they can shift, they are running them in the fields....

especially with that pretty purple powercat on the front end.....

jigs said:

That right there would be reason eough for the DOT Nazi's south of Hebron to red tag ANY truck! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

loomixguy said:
jigs said:

That right there would be reason eough for the DOT Nazi's south of Hebron to red tag ANY truck! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HATE TO SAY IT, JIGS, BUT YA SET YOURSELF UP FOR THAT ONE!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jigs has no idea how much "fun" a "random" truck inspection can be by the California DOT at the weigh station on I-5 between LA and San Diego at 2:30 am! :shock:

Or at the Ag Inspection station on I-15 at Yermo, CA.

Or dealing with the ID10T's at the NM/AZ port of entry on I-40 west of Gallup, NM.....especially when you are apportioned and have the card!

However, I still think the WORST is the port of entry on I-35 south of Wichita on the KS/OK border. Bad enough to pay the toll on the Kansas turnpike, but dealing with those nitwits just takes the cake!! BTW, when in the hell will they have that damn road paid off, anyway? I know that turnpike south of Wichita has been there for going on 45 years!

The turnpike was completed in 1956 and financed with 20 year bonds. But they keep building new entries and exits and new rest areas and the cement center divider etc that all requires more bonds to be issued and they never get paid off. The new bridges at Lawrence took over 3 years to build and cost a fortune. The road was supposed to be paid for in 20 years and revert back to the state but it didn't and probably never will. I doubt the state wants it as long as they can make us pay to use it. The only way to beat it is to buy turnpike bonds as they pay a decent interest rate but they are doggone tough to find.

Latest posts