• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kansas scenic highway

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kansas is like a castle. a rich wonderful place of majestic beauty and a place where there is plenty of food and recreation so you need not ever leave.

now Nuhbraski, Oklahomer, muhzzah, and Colonrado are like the mote around said castle. so we are safe here in Kansas, because nobody wants to go through those places to get to the promised land.

if God had a summer house on Earth, it would be in the Flint Hills of Kansas!

This is an oldie, but it must be said, just to defend my state.

The trees in Nebraska all lean south. Why? Because Kansas sucks. :)

Really, I don't have anything against Kansas, but I had to be ornery.

Jigs,

I've been in the Flint Hills of Kansas (about straight east of you) for five years now, I can assure you that I've never tapped it as the place to spend the summer. I prefer to breathe my air, not drink it. :wink: I'll take anyplace west and north of here for the summer.

As for spring, fall and winter, you bet, it's great.

It's sure beautiful anytime of the year, I will grant you that.

HP

I thought Eastern Kansas was pretty nice the one time I drove through.. I doubt the humidity/heat is anything worse than it is here or even more so the eastern illinois Oak Savanah swamp I grew up in... now western Kansas was a bit stark but as I always feel and truely believe, you can find beuty just about anywhere you are.. And if you don't, you might try looking a bit harder.

Sure enough, IL Rancher. You've just proven that it's all a matter of perspective. I was reared in Colorado, so anything above 1% humidity feels pretty sticky to me! Kinda whimpy, don't ya think? :roll: :D

Nope.. and I understand it completely.. I lived in Bozeman for 4 years and re,member the first sumemr out there people complaining about humidity and I laughed.. By the time I moved back here though the summer was brutal to me... The one advantage to the humidity though is it keeps the nights nice and warm for sitting a a swing, drinking some tea or pop or beer and shooting the breeze.. When there is no humidity it gets cool pretty darn fast at night which is of course great for sleeping.

I married a kansas girl, but her father was a transplanted okie so I figured I was safe. Beautiful country but them folks up there are kinda.....umm........different. Think I'll stay in my mote. :D

High Plains said:
Jigs,

I've been in the Flint Hills of Kansas (about straight east of you) for five years now, I can assure you that I've never tapped it as the place to spend the summer. I prefer to breathe my air, not drink it. :wink: I'll take anyplace west and north of here for the summer.

As for spring, fall and winter, you bet, it's great.

It's sure beautiful anytime of the year, I will grant you that.

HP
my parents and my wifes too, are in Marion County. so even the drive down there, to me, seems about 50% higher than I am used to here..... but there is not much prettier than the new grass coming into a burned off flint pasture.....

I've never lived there but married a gal raised there and I like Kansas. On way to Colo. Springs we travel Rt36 and some of the best people anywhere are along that hiway. Marion Lake has some of the best fishing I've seen. And we can't forget all the fun to be had in Witchita and KC.

angus guy said:
I've never lived there but married a gal raised there and I like Kansas. On way to Colo. Springs we travel Rt36 and some of the best people anywhere are along that highway. Marion Lake has some of the best fishing I've seen. And we can't forget all the fun to be had in Wichita and KC.

which lake at Marion ? there is the big federal reservoir, and the smaller county lake

my dad walleye fishes at the reservoir about every night! Angus guy, I am right along highway 36. you head that way again, let me know, I will meet you for a cold one, or a good steak.

I've never understood why everyone says Ks is flat. There is quite a bit of rolling ground in most of Ks. The delta in South Arkansas is flat, Ks. isn't to me. I havn't seen all of Ks though.

I am curious what took you to the Marion resevoir? is that the area your Kansas bride is from??? that is where I found my wife.

Wifes brother had a mobile home up there. Her folks also lived in Wichita at the time so that is where we stayed when visiting.

thought perhaps you got one of those Marion County sweethearts....... they is tough to beat!

Latest posts