• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

KAPOOYOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
The hailstones was big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-YO5WJBlfpg

Why is it they NEVER find the Dr. or teacher to interview. It's always something like this................. :roll: :roll:

kolanuraven said:
Why is it they NEVER find the Dr. or teacher to interview. It's always something like this................. :roll: :roll:

Didn't they tell you - this lady was the English teacher for the local high school. She has been stressing ebonics now for the past several years and apparently it is quite successfull in the US of A due to her efforts and the efforts of many like her. It is now a growing language in the US of A.

bc

Broke Cowboy said:
kolanuraven said:

Didn't they tell you - this lady was the English teacher for the local high school. She has been stressing ebonics now for the past several years and apparently it is quite successfull in the US of A due to her efforts and the efforts of many like her. It is now a growing language in the US of A.

bc

You say this in a satirical view, but you don't know how close to the truth you are about the English teachers.

They still use the pronunciation of "ask" as "aks". ALL of them.......... :lol:

Mike said:
Broke Cowboy said:
kolanuraven said:

bc

You say this in a satirical view, but you don't know how close to the truth you are about the English teachers.

You can ask a question, or you can axe the question, destroying it so it is unanswerable. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Mike said:
Broke Cowboy said:

bc

You can ask a question, or you can axe the question, destroying it so it is unanswerable. :wink:

You have really screwed me up now. I have a hard enough time holding my thoughts together when talking to them, but you have added a whole new distraction to the conversation!!!!!!!! :lol:

Reminds me of whenever I talk to someone from the deep south--half of them is like talking to a foreign language- especially those with the deep drawls - Bless their Hearts... :wink: :lol:

Texans and Okies talk funny too to most northerners... And then if you run into someone from Boston its good for a laugh...

Good example of dialects and accents is those "Swamp People" shows with the Louisiana folks- if they didn't put up the captions 1/2 the time I wouldn't know what they were saying...
Like old Troys "Choot em, Choot em".... :p :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Reminds me of whenever I talk to someone from the deep south--half of them is like talking to a foreign language- especially those with the deep drawls - Bless their Hearts... :wink: :lol:

Texans and Okies talk funny too to most northerners... And then if you run into someone from Boston its good for a laugh...

Good example of dialects and accents is those "Swamp People" shows with the Louisiana folks- if they didn't put up the captions 1/2 the time I wouldn't know what they were saying...

half of them is like talking to a foreign language :???: :???: Personally, I've never spoken to a foreign language.

Good example of dialects and accents is those "Swamp People" shows with the Louisiana folks :roll:

BTW, how bad was my accent......french-cajun-spanish....or spanglish? :lol:

Oldtimer said:

Come down here and lst thing we tell you is "learn the language". :!:

I'm kinda proud of my deep south sound.

I know of some that when they travel they try to alter their accent....me..I just get louder and flash back to Scarlett O'Hara!! :wink:

The captions irritate me as I understand everyword they are saying BUT I do take some offense in the fact that practically EVERY 'reality' show you see is filmed in the South!

I know we're a handsome bunch but...............really??????????

kolanuraven said:

I know of some that when they travel they try to alter their accent....me..I just get louder and flash back to Scarlett O'Hara!! :wink:

The captions irritate me as I understand everyword they are saying BUT I do take some offense in the fact that practically EVERY 'reality' show you see is filmed in the South!

The best accent I heard yet is my Norwegian brother in law-- who after immigrating from Norway, spent several years in the south- living in Charlestown West Virginia, but flying all over the deep south- and then ended up in Texas...
Its kind of a Uff Da Howdy you all accent... :wink: :p :lol:

kolanuraven said:

I suppose next your going to tell us your really Honey Boo Boo's Mom and Glen off Swamp People is your lover. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
kolanuraven said:

I suppose next your going to tell us your really Honey Boo Boo's Mom and Glen off Swamp People is your lover. :lol: :lol:

At least I don't appear deaf by ending every sentence with, " eh?"

Glenn ( Swamp People) is a nice and hardworking person who doesn't bad mouth anyone. I don't know him personally, but we have people in common who say you'd never meet a nicer man who'd help anyone, anytime with anything.

Big Muddy rancher said:
kolanuraven said:

The Rob Schneider character and especially the guy wearing overalls with the nipple rings on "The Water Boy" are more KooKooKatchoo's speed for carnal knowledge. Maybe even Uncle Si! :wink:

There was an older couple in town when I was a kid. In their retirement years, they spent a month one winter in the sunny south. The old lady was quite enamored with southern aristocracy, and even though they never could afford to go south for any more winters, the charmed influence of their one time experience stayed with her. Ever after she spoke with a fake Southern accent, and as they drove around town, she sat in the back seat of their old car. In her mind, she was the Southern Belle and her husband was her chauffer. :)

I had an army buddy from Haskell, Texas. It was fun listening to him when he said he graduated from haskell in Haskell, Texas. There was absolutely no difference in the way he said "high school" from the way he pronounced the town of his residency.

A lady was at a garage sale looking over the merchandise. Another lady came along and in her southern accent said, "I see you have PSDS." The first lady was baffled, and as they were both looking at jewelry, the southern lady finally fingered her own ear. By seeing the gesture, and for the fact they were both looking at earrings, the first lady figured out that PSDS meant "pierced ears."

I heard of a charming young lady from Alabama who spent time going to college at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. She could always get free ice cream from about any young man on campus, if they could just have the pleasure of hearing her ask for it.

walmart.jpg

"Gift" and "for", "with" and "fool" are four more, along with "ask", that Mr. T can butcher up with his ebonics. Those who speak ebonics and those from the south, along with Filipinos, are what is referred to as "Linguistically lazy'. Cut out most words like "is", and if you can cut out all words, then you can just grunt, but you are still understood.

Kinda... :???:

kolanuraven said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
kolanuraven said:

Glenn ( Swamp People) is a nice and hardworking person who doesn't bad mouth anyone. I don't know him personally, but we have people in common who say you'd never meet a nicer man who'd help anyone, anytime with anything.

another READER2 here folks knows someone who knows some one :roll: :roll: :roll:

kolanuraven said:

LOL - I do not know a lot of people in Canada who do - you must move in different circles than I do when you are in Canada

BC

Latest posts