• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

KATRINA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I sure didnt know that some one was making a four wheeler that was open in the front,can you give me some detail,and who is making it?..........good luck

Haymaker,

The four-wheelers are called Bombardier Traxter. My friend has three of them. Dealers in Texas areGulf Coast Watersport ANGLETON, TX 77515 andHIGHLAND LAKES WATERCRAFT
View BOMBARDIER Inventory
Kingsland, TX 78639
(325) 388-0332 Primary
(325) 388-2092 Fax
Displacement: 498cc, 89 x 80 mm,Torque @ RPM: 30 Nm @ 3,000 rpm, Starter: Electric start with auxiliary recoil;start in any gear, Carburetor: Mikuni BSR 33, Electrical Output / ACG: 400 W range DENSO, Max. dry weight: 849 lbs (386 kg)
Suspension
Front type: Double A-arm, Front travel: 7.0 in. (178.0 mm) travel, Rear type: Rigid swing-arm, Rear travel: 4.0 in. (102.0 mm) travel
Dimensions
Max. height: 45.0 in. (1,143 mm), Max. length: 98.0 in. (2,489 mm), Max. width: 47.0 in. (1,194 mm), Wheel base: 61.0 in. (1,550 mm), Turning radius: 99.0 in. (2,515 mm), Fuel capacity: 5.3. US gal (20 L), Front tires: 635 x 203, 305 mm (25 x 8 x 12 in.), Rear tires: 660 x 254 x 305 mm (26 x 10 x 12 in.)
Capacity
Seat Capacity: Single Rider, Front rack: 90 lbs (40 kg), Rear rack: 600 lbs (273 kg) box bed capacity
Drive Train
Transmission: 5 speed auto / semi-auto thumbshift, Dual-Range (hi-lo) with Park, Neutral & Reverse, Front: Shaft driven / single auto-lock, differential (pump driven), (Visco Lok), Rear: Shaft driven / Solid axle
Brakes
Foot control: Rear wheels brake, Front: 2 drilled hydraulic discs, Rear: 1 drilled hydraulic disc
Ground Clearance
Front & under engine: 9.6 in. (244 mm), Rear axle: 7.4 in. (188 mm)
Equipment
Gauges: Accurate low range speedometer, (odometer, trip and hourmeter), fuel, Storage: 8 US gal (30 L), DC outlets: Lighter type in console (cell phone use), Standard connector in the back (15A), Battery: 12 V, 19Ah (20Ah optional), Others: Brake Light.4-stroke, 1 cylinder, 2 valve, 2 spark-plug, liquid
DESCRIPTION
The Traxter XL is the workhorse of the Traxter family. Its extra-large box bed gives you the most loading capacity available in the industry, which means you can haul more cargo. And you get all this extra hauling capability with the same benefits found on the Traxter. It comes equipped with: Non-corrosive plastic box bed with high impact hinged tailgate, dumping capability and 600 pounds of payload capacity, 2-stage double shock rear suspension, 10" longer wheelbase, and 2 additional storage containers

She said that they have a manual gear shift or you can push a toggle switch and they will automatically shift. They are four wheel drive and have a outlet for a spot light. She didn't know where they are made. The way I understood they have 3 gears with 4 ranges and a reverse. But don't quote me on this.

Txtibbs
What I meant by an open front is that it's kinda like a girls bike or moped. To get on you don't have to strattle the seat, you can slide on to the seat.
My friend said that they are very dependable and the only work they had done was all under warranty. Guess that's all I know. I can give you their number if you want more imformation....Hope this helps..

Sounds like a nice machine, Haymaker. If it's the same company that builds the airplanes and/or jets, they are a Canadian company and top-of-the line.

The next best corporate jet to a Gulfstream.

Say HAYMAKER, maybe this will get you to join NCBA. :D :D
Unless LMA is offering something else! :wink:
Sorry old boy, couldn't resist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q&A about the NCBA and the John Deere Vehicles Partnership Program
The purpose of this document is to provide additional insight into our partnership with John Deere.

What is the John Deere partnership with the NCBA?

On 2 February 2005, we announced an exciting partnership with the NCBA. Through this partnership, the John Deere Buck T was endorsed as the official ATV of NCBA and the John Deere GatorT as the official utility vehicle of NCBA.

Are product discounts available?

Yes! The partnership with Deere was introduced with the announcement that current NCBA members are eligible for the following John Deere product discounts:

$100 off the purchase of a new Gator Compact Series
$250 off the purchase of a new Buck ATV or Gator Traditional Series
$300 off the purchase of a new Gator High-Performance Series
Further details are available at:

http://www.johndeerepartner.com/partnermain.cfm?partnerID=NCBA9999

To capture these discounts, NCBA members must go to the NCBA Web site (www.BeefUSA.org), click on the John Deere Vehicle Partnership Program link, enter their membership ID number and print out the coupon for the product discount. Provide this coupon to your John Deere dealer to obtain the discount. Please be aware that the dealer may ask for certain documentation (driver's license etc.) to follow the established Deere procedures.

Don't miss out on these stackable incentives:

Yes, that is correct. These incentives are in ADDITION to the NCBA discount program!

"Going Yard" ATV Attachment offer = $250 (expires June 27, 2005)*

"ATV Retail Promotion" = $300 (expires June 27, 2005)*

"Going Yard" Utility Vehicle Attachment Offer ( Gator HP series) = $200 (expires June 27, 2005)*

Cal said:

The purpose of this document is to provide additional insight into our partnership with John Deere.

On 2 February 2005, we announced an exciting partnership with the NCBA. Through this partnership, the John Deere Buck T was endorsed as the official ATV of NCBA and the John Deere GatorT as the official utility vehicle of NCBA.

Yes! The partnership with Deere was introduced with the announcement that current NCBA members are eligible for the following John Deere product discounts:

To capture these discounts, NCBA members must go to the NCBA Web site (www.BeefUSA.org), click on the John Deere Vehicle Partnership Program link, enter their membership ID number and print out the coupon for the product discount. Provide this coupon to your John Deere dealer to obtain the discount. Please be aware that the dealer may ask for certain documentation (driver's license etc.) to follow the established Deere procedures.

Yes, that is correct. These incentives are in ADDITION to the NCBA discount program!

"Going Yard" Utility Vehicle Attachment Offer ( Gator HP series) = $200 (expires June 27, 2005)*

I been keepin up with their membership recruitment tactics,but I didnt know about this one.Now if they would just quit siding with PACKERS...........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Cal said:

I been keepin up with their membership recruitment tactics,but I didnt know about this one.Now if they would just quit siding with PACKERS...........good luck

If its Johne Deere green its probably 25% overpriced anyway..... :wink: I'm sure that will fire some reactions....

And if it is a bombardier, part of the cost probably goes towards Quebec separation. Bombardier has just shut down it's plant in Toronto and moved operations to Montreal to "bribe' Quebec into staying within the federation.

Murgen

Anything from Bombardier is usually financed by the Canuck feds. They have been unable to stand on their feet for many years.

Canuck feds are now providing loan guarantees to an airline in the U.S. of A. so they can buy Bombardier aircraft.

As for the 4 wheeler or quad - have seen it and used it. A reasonable machine.

As for Quebec - most of my Canuck friends figure it is time for them to leave the party and take their share of the debt with them.

B.C.

You need a better resale value because you paid toooo much for it up front... :p

katrina said:
OT,
We run green, I'll agree it is high, but resale is better than anything else. :wink:

We run green too, Katrina. Resale IS higher but the green parts are getting outrageous! Another thing JD is getting to where EVERYTHING is proprietary on their equipment now. Bearings are sometimes $80-90 bucks when one that closely resembles (but won't work) at a parts house is $10-$15. I don't like all these "sealed" bearings they are using now either.

There has to be a point of no return and I think JD is approaching it.

Ours is old greeen, and I agree with you there. I like the dependablity especially since I am by myself most of the time. I grew up on cases, but I like my 4440 better and my 8440. Greaseless bearings are the sh**s aren't they? We change um if we can. Had a bearing go out of the water pump. My dear hubby forgot to put bolts in when he pulled the pump apart :( Costly mistake. I felt bad for him... I agree whole-heartedly with you Mike, but the mystic of green is hard to get over.

Latest posts