• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kill 'em all

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
These young soldiers say that was their orders. How long do you think the American people are going to support our military with this happening? Link below.

""Four U.S. soldiers accused of murdering suspected insurgents during a raid in Iraq said they were under orders to "kill all military age males," according to sworn statements obtained by The Associated Press.
The soldiers first took some of the men into custody because they were using two women and a toddler as human shields. They shot three of the men after the women and child were safe and say the men attacked them.
"The ROE (rule of engagement) was to kill all military age males on Objective Murray," Staff Sgt. Raymond L. Girouard told investigators, referring to the target by its code name."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2222133

Faster horses said:
Yep. AFTER they were attacked.

What do you think they should have done or been able to do, dis?

I think they should defend themselves as they did. That's not the point. They say there were ordered to "kill all military age males". That's the kind of stuff of war crime trials. Are these young soldiers liars?

DIS!!!
ever been in battle? ever had to recieve an order to fire on a possible enemy? ever had to issue an order to fire on a possible target?
i have been in both situations and if it is my a$$ on the line or i THINK its is my A$$ on the line the first person that my scope pics up had better have a DANN good reason for being there!
DIS you can rant and rave all you want about what happens in the field being wrong, but unless YOU been there you do not have the RIGHT to even question what it is all about.
All you have is the presses report (OH NO the press is wrong)
if you want to criticize, get your butt over there and get the true story!!! not what the press writes to make papers sell!
I have been there, you have not (which is obvious) had it been up to you we would have never had the TEA party!
Up to you and your kind hitler would have been in charge, if it had been you japan would right in bombing pearl harbor.
if it had been you i would have died in nam! do not think you are old enough to be one of those that spat in my face when i came home from NAM but you definatly are the type, called me BABY killer, turned my fellow solders into druggies because of the lack of support back home,
the kind of person that makes me vomit when i see what you are doing to OUR ONCE GREAT nation. GOD have mercy on your DIS qusting SOUL

fortunatly there are true patroits, and yes some of them even are liberals
YOU DIS do not even fit in either class

Feel better? Calling me names doesn't change the facts. These young soldiers are claiming they had orders to "kill all military age males." The American public has held steadfast in their support of our soldiers in Iraq, even as their support for the war wanes. But that's not going to continue as stuff like this comes out.

I said before the invasion Saddam had no WMDs. I was right. I said two years ago that Americans would turn their backs on this war. They have. I said two years ago that Bush was wrong to not give the prisoners at GitMo the benefit of the Geneva Accords. And now he has. I have been right about this war more times that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld all put together! So go ahead and bash me. It won't change the facts and they're trickling out about this war. Remember Mai Li? That might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the public on Vietnam. The disgust for that massacre by American troops might have been what turned the anti-war movement from a bunch of hippies into a nationwide movement. Nixon was mostly elected because he claimed to have a secret peace plan. No one wanted out more than the troops. The degradation of our military by Vietnam took a generation to fix and now Bush is putting them through the same thing again! I seriously object.

memanpa said:
do not think you are old enough to be one of those that spat in my face when i came home from NAM
I'd say you're wrong memanpa. You can tell a 60's hippie born in the baby boomer generation from a mile away. She's old enough and from the tone of her posts currently, I'd say it's possible she could have been one of those spitting on you. Spitting on you wouldn't do any more damage than the garbage she is posting here. She hates anything good, moral, optimistic, traditional , etc. I guess it's a free country and if she want's to be miserable , nothing we can do will stop her or her kind. I appreciate you serving memanpa. Welcome home.

memanpa:

Any and all combat aged males are to be considered a threat - and therefore are targets.

I am relatively certain it is being quoted out of context - either by the originator or Dis. Or it was stated in the heat of battle. I have heard far worse when bullets fly.

Personally I believe any person - male or female over the age of 6-8 is a potential threat. Seen it before. And friends have seen it in some areas lately. War is dirty and the last person standing wins. Period.

That is why the expression - "Kill them all and let God sort it out" was coined.

I for one will stand orders such as these as long as is required because that is how wars are won. Having had the opportunity to lose people due to ROE that handcuffed me I tend to view her comments as typical riffraff.

I also believe ROE that stifles common sense should be disobeyed as an illegal order is to be disobeyed.

Guess that makes me a bad man in some eyes. A realistic one in others.

I suppose Dis is righteous because she is always on the moral high ground in her opinion. The remainder are dirt under her feet. Guess that means she can walk on me as well. I have broad shoulders and I suppose the fact that that she lives in a country that defends free speech to the death is not lost upon her. It may be wasted upon her though through an apparent lack of gratitude.

I wonder how she would react if she lived in a country that imprisoned, tortured and killed its women for attempting to speak out?

Stay well my friend.

Red Robin - topic change - I hear through the grapevine that congrats are in order. Blessings to you and family.

B.C.

no DIS i do not feel better!
I will only feel better when YOY and YOUR kind DIS appear,
do not get me wrong, we all have the right to DIA agree, we all have our right to our opinion!
but yours DIs is DIS picable because YOUR opinion HAS TUNNEL VISION!
look DOWN THE SCOPE and decide who lives and who dies, then condem!

according to your retoric i do not have the right to pull that tigger UNTIL
you give me permission.
sorry DIS approving, i am not gonna wait till my guys are overun to tell em to fire!!
GO there, GET shot at live the pain of being shot, or watching a buddy die! THEN and ONLY then may YOU SPEAK for the american SOLDER!
YOU have not earned the right! i DO not care what you cut and paste, you have not EARNED the right to condem any decision that goes on in battle!
YOU do not have the right to even QUESTION the decisions of a solder, if you want the TRUTH go over and talk to the peiople there not spout PRESS releases!!!! or what the press says!
attend a military funeral, see what the familys think! YES it hurts to lose someone and there is always the cindy sheehans of the world that claims to KNOW what her son was thinking, but for every one of her and YOU there are 100000 that stand proud!!!
wanna argue that?
you are DIS qusting in your lousy reteric(yea i know my spelling is lousy)
but at least i support my country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
right or wrong i support it!
for certian i do not tear it down by CUTTIN AND PASTING leftist articles!
come on DIS i invited you once to take me one on one in an open forum with a moderator, the offer is still on!!!!
oh yea i remember you didnt know why a moderator was necessary!
to make you have original thoughts not those that YOU CUT AND PASTE

have a good life in your little cube!!!!!!

Broke Cowboy said:
Any and all combat aged males are to be considered a threat - and therefore are targets.

I am relatively certain it is being quoted out of context - either by the originator or Dis. Or it was stated in the heat of battle. I have heard far worse when bullets fly.

Personally I believe any person - male or female over the age of 6-8 is a potential threat. Seen it before. And friends have seen it in some areas lately. War is dirty and the last person standing wins. Period.

That is why the expression - "Kill them all and let God sort it out" was coined.

I for one will stand it as long as is required because that is how wars are won.

Guess that makes me a bad man in some eyes. A realistic one in others.

Red Robin - topic change - I hear congrats are in order. Blessings to you and family.

B.C.
Thanks B.C. Blessings have already been bestowed. I appreciate your kinds words though.

Feel better? Calling me names doesn't change the facts

How dare you condemn someone for calling you a name, you have done it so much in the past.......................HYPOCRITE

I can see dis is still spitting in the face of soldiers..............and yet she has the guts (or stupidity) to show her face on this board. Pathetic, purely Pathetic little dis

Ok...I'm gonna jump in on this.

IF....IF it were me....and someone was shooting, bombing ...whatever at me I AM NOT gonna take the time to ' card' the person. Lock and load....BOOM BOOM!

I wasn't in agreement when those soldiers in that attack in Mamoudiya ( sp??) were charged. I'm not sure the murder rap is fair in that deal. Maybe they did over react....in fact I bet they did.....BUT...these guys are trained to kill. They are not the Welcome Wagon and you put these soldiers in such a situation...training and basic human nature takes over. So I didn't agree with punishing them for what they were trained to do.

BUT...I still am not in favor of this war.... never will be. ( Had to throw that in ...just in case ya'll thought I'd converted or something!!)

Maybe the order should have been, "Shoot anybody, whether they are wearing their "terrorist uniform" or not."

kolanuraven said:
Ok...I'm gonna jump in on this.

IF....IF it were me....and someone was shooting, bombing ...whatever at me I AM NOT gonna take the time to ' card' the person. Lock and load....BOOM BOOM!

I wasn't in agreement when those soldiers in that attack in Mamoudiya ( sp??) were charged. I'm not sure the murder rap is fair in that deal. Maybe they did over react....in fact I bet they did.....BUT...these guys are trained to kill. They are not the Welcome Wagon and you put these soldiers in such a situation...training and basic human nature takes over. So I didn't agree with punishing them for what they were trained to do.
you asked why the change of mind regarding my PM to you!
this is why, YOU have a grip on reality the other person/person has not even got a grip on anything.
god bless
:heart:

BUT...I still am not in favor of this war.... never will be. ( Had to throw that in ...just in case ya'll thought I'd converted or something!!)

I served in Vietnam, like MM&P combat infantry wounded, was a part of the Americal division, same division as Lt. Calley but different brigade. I walked through the Pink Ville on my last operation in 1968. Unlike MM&P I was never spit on when I returned I always made sure of my target and am proud to say I never shot or killed a woman or child also unlike MM&P I have no problem with Dis. Of the 100 or so soliders in my company I didn't know any like MM&P we mainly talked about girls, food and home in that order never politics.

Frankk said:
I served in Vietnam, like MM&P combat infantry wounded, was a part of the Americal division, same division as Lt. Calley but different brigade. I walked through the Pink Ville on my last operation in 1968. Unlike MM&P I was never spit on when I returned I always made sure of my target and am proud to say I never shot or killed a woman or child also unlike MM&P I have no problem with Dis. Of the 100 or so soliders in my company I didn't know any like MM&P we mainly talked about girls, food and home in that order never politics.
Thanks for serving Frank. I appreciate it. Welcome home.

Vietnam, won on the battle field, lost in Washington D.C.

when will the poloticians learn that they need to let the military do its job?

they want to investigate or manipulate everything!!!

it is time for another revolution........we need a house cleaning in D.C.

The only reason I even read this thread was because there where so many replying to it.
Honestly I think the thread topic is so 'out there" that its not worth replying to or getting worked up about.
Honestly when certain people start threads on here I dont even read them.
Anyway to the Vets out there. Thanks for your service.
Hippies will always be remembered in the history books for the dumb, dirty, trators that they where.
Dont worry. The silent MAJORITY knows better. I think this majority doesnt say much because they dont want to even dignify the Islamofachist Commie lovers satements with an answer :wink:

RoperAB said:
Hippies will always be remembered in the history books for the dumb, dirty, trators that they where.
Dont worry. The silent MAJORITY knows better. I think this majority doesnt say much because they dont want to even dignify the Islamofachist Commie lovers satements with an answer :wink:

Sadly, you're probably wrong about that. Considering that history books tend to be written by Marxist college professors, future generations will probably taught the valuable contributions hippies bestowed upon this "capitalist empire."

Frankk said:

The GIs I knew from Vietnam were/are the same. When asked their opinion, they shrugged and said "I take orders." I'm sure that's as true today.

jigs said:
Vietnam, won on the battle field, lost in Washington D.C.

Dream on.

when will the poloticians learn that they need to let the military do its job?

they want to investigate or manipulate everything!!!

Interesting thought. You do know that our military is subject to civilian control? Thank goodness.

it is time for another revolution........we need a house cleaning in D.C.

I like that idea. Let's start with the White House, then move right over to the Sec of Defense office.

Latest posts