• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kinda disappointed-Spokane Ag Expo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
We worked hard and will work hard at the Spokane Ag Expo. We are having a Hydraulic Chute demo.....Well, I just read the flyer in the Capital Press.....Seems the Ag Expo didn't see fit to add anything to the flyer beyond Cattle Demo's.....

Heck, I know guys that drove 150-200 miles to se a Hydraulic Chute before buying it.....Seems to me that it would be a draw to the expo to see live Cattle running through several brands of Hydraulic Chutes....

Of course, I was also Mistified that only two Manufacturers entered Chutes. I have never seen a better time to have a chute available to sell. I'd think you would want folks to have a chance to see yours,

PPRM

The cattle working demonstrations are always good for entertainment value, besides getting to see how the different chutes work. One time at Bassett, the highest-dollar hydraulic chute was evidently operated by one of the desk jockeys instead of a working cowhand. Each chute is demonstrated with two head of cattle. Both critter got out of the fancy chute, much to the embarrassment of those in charge. I kind of found amusement in the fact that the chute with the best "EPDs" (estimated potential demonstratability) fell by the wayside when the cowchips were down. :wink:

it is like Husker Harvest Days when they demo the combines and stuff. some big whig gets up there and has little clue on how to run. a John Deere guy just mashed the hydrostat on a 9610 one year and slugged the machine....guess he wanted to show off the feeder house reverser.......too bad another guy had to crawl up there and show him how to engage it !!

Last5 year I approached it from the other end. I had the store managers wife run the chute. She had never ran one before, it was a manual one. She was very nervous but did a great job and caught all of her calves. Point I was trying to make was how easy this chute was to run. I also get a lot of questions on by women wondering how strong they need to be. Jackie is not a large lady by any means, so this visual of her runningit showed others they could to.

Now, if a general manager from the factory had done, I am sure it may have been different, LOL

PPRM

I was in charge of livestock industries for Farm Progress shows all across the nation for 12 years and some of the smaller shows they don't get many hydraulic because of the cost in the markets.The good Hydraulics cost 3 to 4 times as a manual.
I am a distributer for Big Valley and we have put the Manual w/neck bars in demos all over the USA and their are no better chute w/headgate on the market today.A blind person can catch every cow with our manual.We did demos with Tv people in Mississippi and North Carolina & Illinois they had a ball and didn't miss a one.Look at our chutes and equipment www.midamericalivestockequipment.com We service the USA & Canada.
Free freight on most orders . Look at the M1 & M1V chute then go to headgates it shows a manual w/neck comming soon new web pages showing the Chute w/cow in.And also a short Video showing catching a cow with the M1V w/manula w/neck bars.probally couple of weeks.The Hydraulic we sell are the Silencer which is the lighter and the big feedlot model the C& S which most big lots and big cow operation use.

"...no better chute or headgate on the market today"...

You are covering a lot of country with that statement. Prepare to be challenged. Squeeze chutes have been cussed and discussed here several times.

Great that you believe that strongly in your product however. I know the feeling well! :lol:

Charlie,

Hmmmm, Our friend Martin Wilke missed some a few years back demo'ing those. Anyone that has never missed a cow has never tried to catch many. Seemed like those neck extenders were causing more problems during that demo for him.

Every chute has its good and bad points depending upon the frame of reference as to who is using it.......Kinda like having a Chevy vs Ford Arguement. I will say that for those that can afford it, the C & S and Silencer are great chutes, but working in a feedlot, well I have seen the C & S need welding within a few years too.... I'm not knocking your products, I am just saying there's good and bad in it all, just depends what resonates with you.

I also LOVE the FREE FRIEGHT Statement. You aren't the first to make that claim, LOL....... It may not be a line item, but it is covered somewhere,

That's all for now,

PPRM

Hey you are on the page.If we are in demo you need to catch some to learn how much to give the animal lead true.If you catch them like every one else fold the neck bars in most of the time on our ranch if we are not doing something to the head we don't use the neck bars .But if you are tatooing or implanting you can't beat them.The hydraulic I like the C&S best built better but I send Silencers no freight ot Florida ,Melfort Sask Canada no freight .I don't ask questions its been this way since I been with them 14 years.Hope every one has a good year.
Thanks Charlie
[email protected]
www.midamericalivestockequipment.com

My first experience in catching cattle and not usind the headcatch was when a club I belonged to brought a bunch of fresh Corrientee's out of Mexico to rope. They were small and to us, the horns were gold. Just squeezed them (In a C & S I might add).....Since then, I have used this method plenty. You need to have a newer longer chute to do this. Let me quantify newer, something 8 foot or longer. But if your chute has leverage, you can do a lot of things that way,

PPRM

Latest posts