• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

'Krootin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
It's signing day!

The day when all of us wake up and desperately hope that 17 year old boys are going to send faxes in to commit to play football for our favorite teams. If they choose to go to your school -- they're destined for the first round. If they pick another school -- you never really wanted them anyway and they're overrated.

Stop with all your talk about how star rankings don't matter. Yes, they do. Big time. Every team that has won a title since 1998 has had at least two top ten signing classes in the four years before a title. (And every team but 2010 Auburn has had three of those classes). So while individual recruits might not live up to the expectations, the more four and five star recruits your team signs, the better your chance of winning a national title or making the playoff.

And while all the lazy national pundits were writing the SEC's obituary after Alabama's loss to Ohio State, this year the SEC is dominating in recruiting like never before.

How much domination?

According to 24/7 Sports composite recruiting ranking -- a compilation of all the major recruiting rankings out there -- the SEC has a mind blowing 11 of the top 22 recruiting classes in the country.

11 of the top 22!

As of noon eastern, Alabama is 1, Tennessee is 4, LSU's 5, Auburn's 8, Georgia's 9, Texas A&M is 13, South Carolina's 17, Ole Miss is 18, Mississippi State is 19, Arkansas is 21 and Missouri is 22.

(Kentucky is 35, Vanderbilt is 45, and the Florida Gators, just murdered by Will Muschamp, are 51.

The new slogan for all the anti-SEC chumps?

"They hate us 'cause they ain't us ."

Top Ten National Recruits Name/Position/Committed School

1 Byron Cowart
DE Auburn
2 Terry Beckner Jr.
DT Missouri
3 Trenton Thompson
DT Georgia
4 Iman Marshall
CB Undeclared
5 Martez Ivey
OT Florida
6 Daylon Mack
DT Texas A&M
7 George Campbell
ATH Florida State
8 Derwin James
S Florida State
9 CeCe Jefferson
DE Undeclared
10 Kevin Toliver II
CB LSU

give me a small town country boy with a work ethic over any of those fancy 5 star prima donnas any day.....

leanin' H said:
With enough money spent, you can "recruit" anybody! :) Ask Cam Newton.

I don't need to ask Cam.

It's obvious you don't know that nobody spent money on Cam. Not Mississippi State. Not Auburn. If you know more than the NCAA & the FBI would you please enlighten us all?

Mike said:
leanin' H said:
With enough money spent, you can "recruit" anybody! :) Ask Cam Newton.

I don't need to ask Cam.

It's obvious you don't know that nobody spent money on Cam. Not Mississippi State. Not Auburn. If you know more than the NCAA & the FBI would you please enlighten us all?

Oct 13, 2011 MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The NCAA said it found no major violations committed by Auburn regarding Cam Newton or other pay-for-play allegations and has concluded multiple investigations of the football program.

The NCAA released a statement Wednesday saying it has closed its 13-month investigation into Auburn's recruitment of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, whose father shopped his services to another school for up to $180,000.

The investigation hovered over the program during the Tigers' national championship run.

The NCAA also cleared Auburn in allegations by four former players that they received payments during their recruitment or careers.

The NCAA notified Auburn of the decision Tuesday in a letter from associate director of enforcement Jackie A. Thurnes. Auburn released it Wednesday.

leanin' H said:
News to me. Guess I didn't pay attention to how that story ended. My Bad.

I doubt you were too wrong H regardless of the report. SEC could stand for Spend Enough Coin or Secure Enough Cover there's others but this is a family forum :wink:

$100 bill handshakes happen all the time. And not just in the SEC. The cash stipends start soon..............and that will be above board.

Latest posts