• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lack of Civility on Bull Session

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Reader...i agree with you 110%....i go there to see what is "new" and leave there with a heavy heart...then i come back here for a "fresher" point of view...so sad to see folks in the same line of work who have so much anger, hatred and blame in them :cry:
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,030
Reaction score
121
Location
Big Muddy valley
reader aren't you happy you have coffee shop and ranch talk for civil conversation. Yes bull session gets rough at times but are lies not to be challenged. I have read some of your posts in the past that were very one sided and repeated over and over. Let the boys play . Before we really only had Bull session so everthing was posted their. If you don't like it stay away. We can talk books and movies over here and I will keep posting pictures of Jack. It does get tiresome but as new posters come in are they to be ignored? I have noticed since I started here that people have had their eyes opened to what R-CALF is doing to the American market as well as Canadian producers. Have a nice day.
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
I think for the majority of posts, we have all been fairly civil. It's not near as bad as it has been. We (including myself) seem to be refraining from what we are really thinking and wanting to say when we read some of those posts. Most of the time, the threads are more like a heated discussion such as you would find in a coffee shop or bar. At least they don't end up coming to blows like you would find in a bar!
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
reader (the Second) said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
reader aren't you happy you have coffee shop and ranch talk for civil conversation. Yes bull session gets rough at times but are lies not to be challenged. I have read some of your posts in the past that were very one sided and repeated over and over. Let the boys play . Before we really only had Bull session so everthing was posted their. If you don't like it stay away. We can talk books and movies over here and I will keep posting pictures of Jack. It does get tiresome but as new posters come in are they to be ignored? I have noticed since I started here that people have had their eyes opened to what R-CALF is doing to the American market as well as Canadian producers. Have a nice day.

BMR - "very one sided" is in the eye of the beholder it seems. I have not sided with R-CALF, argued against eating beef, blamed the Canadians, denied that BSE is a North American not just a Canadia problem, or called for the border to remain shut. I have posted what I have read and heard from experts and have expressed my opinons about protecting public health up north and down here in the lower 49. I don't call that "one sided." I think one sided is branding all Canadians or all R-CALFers as evil, blaming the Canadians for BSE, and so on. I believe that if you all read and heard what I did, you would NOT call me one sided. I am having problems understanding what is so difficult about reading before you blame and deny that there is an issue. It's NOT a Canadian issue, it's a global issue.



I read all your posts reader the second ,and I sure cant see any where your veiws were one sided.You might want to over look BMR,he is a canuckle head and any body that was trying to meet KD LANG back stage is mixed up,true story he is her biggest fan..............good luck
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,030
Reaction score
121
Location
Big Muddy valley
HAY MAKER said:
reader (the Second) said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
reader aren't you happy you have coffee shop and ranch talk for civil conversation. Yes bull session gets rough at times but are lies not to be challenged. I have read some of your posts in the past that were very one sided and repeated over and over. Let the boys play . Before we really only had Bull session so everthing was posted their. If you don't like it stay away. We can talk books and movies over here and I will keep posting pictures of Jack. It does get tiresome but as new posters come in are they to be ignored? I have noticed since I started here that people have had their eyes opened to what R-CALF is doing to the American market as well as Canadian producers. Have a nice day.

BMR - "very one sided" is in the eye of the beholder it seems. I have not sided with R-CALF, argued against eating beef, blamed the Canadians, denied that BSE is a North American not just a Canadia problem, or called for the border to remain shut. I have posted what I have read and heard from experts and have expressed my opinons about protecting public health up north and down here in the lower 49. I don't call that "one sided." I think one sided is branding all Canadians or all R-CALFers as evil, blaming the Canadians for BSE, and so on. I believe that if you all read and heard what I did, you would NOT call me one sided. I am having problems understanding what is so difficult about reading before you blame and deny that there is an issue. It's NOT a Canadian issue, it's a global issue.



I read all your posts reader the second ,and I sure cant see any where your veiws were one sided.You might want to over look BMR,he is a canuckle head and any body that was trying to meet KD LANG back stage is mixed up,true story he is her biggest fan..............good luck

Careful there haymaker. We got our fingers slapped before going down this road. Remember reader want us to be CIVIL..
I wonder if thats like the CIVIL WAR. :cowboy: How's Ellen?
 

Chuckie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast nebraska
i have to say, haymaker, that you are the epitome of texas raisin'--so don't get above it! i've been a long-time reader, this is my first time to get mine in--you are a hoot!! bet i could talk you into submission.....
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
chuckie said:
i have to say, haymaker, that you are the epitome of texas raisin'--so don't get above it! i've been a long-time reader, this is my first time to get mine in--you are a hoot!! bet i could talk you into submission.....

well chuckie ,you have one thang going for you ,you are in strong R CALF country.I dont know about the talkin part maybe you should have shown up earlier ,weather is fixin to break and most of us have to make hay while the sun shines...................good luck PS stick around
 

Chuckie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast nebraska
speaking of the weather breaking--did any of you people see the flowers in Death Valley?? never been like that since hector was a pup, 6" of rain when normal is like 2"...
so, haymaker, does the weather breaking mean you'll cut your hay in 3 weeks, or what? you guys down south make me jealous, i'm looking at dead grey and you all are springing green....but the calves are lookin' good...
 

Latest posts

Top